Xaviere XV-700 / Guitarfetish Big Thumbs up

awilson40

• Members

Cool. Ive been waiting to hear some kinda feedback on the Xavier's. Ive always been a fan of the Zemeitis guitars. I know these are not in the same league but i was hoping with some mods and upgrades the Xavier's would become a decent giggable guitar but i hadn't heard nothing about them till recently. This thread had helped a lot. I'll be pulling the trigger on one definately in the near future (prices are very reasonable). Mucho Coolness!!!!!

• Members

Live play update,

Well we had band practice last night and I was able to play in a band setting.

Now, for the record...I'm just a hacker...I bang chords and know a few licks but I mostly leave that for the 'pros'

Our sound guy owns a well known local studio and is a top knotch player. Our lead guitar player is also top knotch.

The sound guy is also a 'gear snob' :) If its isnt a name brand guitar playing through a Marshall, he doesnt like it.

Well...He grabbed the Xaviere and played it for 10 min. It really sang in the hands of a pro. He had a big old {censored} eatin grin on his face the whole time. When I told him the cost he was very surprised.

Everyone else was also.

After practice he commented again on how good it sounded in the house. he has NEVER told me that about my Carvin.

Passing his inspection is all I need :)

• Members

Another update on this great Guitar :)

After Sunday's service I have lots of comments on the guitar and how good it looked and sounded.

Another nice thing is how comfortable it is. My left Hand is all busted up from MX wrecks and fights from my younger days and I usually have problems cramping up when playing lots of barr chords. Thats a lot less of an issue with this guitar.

I ended up adding treble bleed caps to lessen the muddies when rolling off volume and settled on a .001uf + 100k resistor on the neck pup and a 100pf on the bridge.

Seems to be the perfect combo.

• Members

Originally posted by awilson40

Another update on this great Guitar
:)
After Sunday's service I have lots of comments on the guitar and how good it looked and sounded.

Another nice thing is how comfortable it is. My left Hand is all busted up from MX wrecks and fights from my younger days and I usually have problems cramping up when playing lots of barr chords. Thats a lot less of an issue with this guitar.

I ended up adding treble bleed caps to lessen the muddies when rolling off volume and settled on a .001uf + 100k resistor on the neck pup and a 100pf on the bridge.

Seems to be the perfect combo.

Do the pups sound good when they are split?

EDIT:

Never mind, I see you've already covered it.

I'm not sure yet...I'll have to play it live through my main rig and see what my sound man says. I think it might be a little dark in humbucker mode for me...The thing is, when split, I think its probably perfect. A really good single coil sound so I dont want to brighten that up.

Archived