If you had $5,000 to spend on 1 guitar...

Armchair Bronco

• Members

If you had around $5,000 to spend on 1 electric guitar...what would you get?

If I had to choose right now, I think I'd go with a Martin CF-2 Sunburst American Archtop.

CF-2-Sunburst.jpg

The CF-2 is relatively thin at 2-1/2", and offers a pair of Seymour Duncan humbuckers along with volume, tone, and pickup selector controls.

The 2006 catalog also shows a CF-1 version of this guitar with just a single neck pickup and what appears to be a single volume control. That simpler version looks pretty sweet, too. Either way, the Sunburst finish is a MUST.

Martin_CF-1_Sunburst.jpg

The CF-2 retails for $5,600 while the CF-1 can be found for a mere $5,149.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by batotman

I'd buy an ESP Horizon NT II and pocket the rest.

I should have stipulated that any money left over will be given to: A) a left-wing organization if you're a conservative; or B) a right-wing organization if you're a liberal.

So you might as well try to blow the entire $5K wad, 'cause you can't keep anything left over.

• Members
Originally posted by Armchair Bronco

I should have stipulated that any money left over will be given to: A) a left-wing organization if you're a conservative; or B) a right-wing organization if you're a liberal.

So you might as well try to blow the entire $5K wad, 'cause you can't keep anything left over.

Then I'll pocket it all and spend it to kill whomever tries to take it! :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Carati

No electric guitar should cost $5000.

Unless you want an excessive amount of inlay work.

Come to think of it, the CF-1 that I'm gassing for has *NO* inlay work at all. What's up with that? :confused:

For 5K, I expect to have some fancy-schmancy mother-of-pearl inlays in the fretboard.

Archived