Post your Rig and your Ride

Alchemist

• Members

Originally posted by GAS Man

My bitches -

ourbabies002.jpg

Also got a '96 Caddie SLS for "rainy days n long trips and a paint peeling leper 91 Ford F250 with a gas sucking 460.

I lost my Henry-dog though, and I loved him best.

Nice cars! I love the Z4, definitely my favorite BMW. The S2000 looks nice too; must be a bitch to get a nice launch though, right?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Townshend

Nice cars! I love the Z4, definitely my favorite BMW. The S2000 looks nice too; must be a bitch to get a nice launch though, right?

Thanks,

I actually have to confess though that the Beamer is my wife's. She got jealous after I bought the S2000 and traded in her '97 Sebring Convertible plus 7 years of debt payments to get the Z4

It's the 3.0 version with triptronic shifting, so it is a "trippy" car. The S2000 is better handing, but the Z4 is more comfortable and naturally has more low-end torque.

And even though the S2000 is a fine car, I kinda wish I'd just gone for a BMW 330 convertible instead. But I knew I catch {censored} for it a work, so I thought I'd stick with the more modest "Honda" moniker. So then I had to buy the used Caddie for $6K for those days when I'm in no mood to feel every single friggin bump in the road with the S2000. Makes you feel like a punch drunk boxer some days. :rolleyes:

• Members

wow, you guys are all top managers at microsoft? Some great cars here, but in my country not possible to drive. One liter of gasoline costs 1.9 dollars here. A 17 year old driving a Camaro? C'mon, you can't even have a driving license at that age over here.

Big houses, car ports for two cars at a time:eek:

I just bought a flat for 343.000 dollar, and that was a great deal.

Anyway, I'm happy with my rig and car:

Tele 52RI into Badcat Hotcat (yes expensive, but all I have)

Mazda 323F BA

• Members

Originally posted by piper19

A 17 year old driving a Camaro? C'mon, you can't even have a driving license at that age over here.

Yeah, I get that a lot. I worked my ass of for a solid year to be able to buy it. 2 jobs + high school equals no free time. But now, I get to enjoy the fruits of my labors! It is a V6 btw (still very fast), so it's not too terribly absurd:thu:

• Members

Damnit I guess those EG stereotypes were true:cry: .... but hey at least we're riding in style. (well I actualy put my caddy away for the rest of the fall and winter, we have lots of ice and its rear wheel drive, and I can take the van now if needed anyway).:)

• Members

Originally posted by piper19

One liter of gasoline costs 1.9 dollars here. A 17 year old driving a Camaro?

If you're going to start comparing, you should see what we pay for healthcare. Or what that $343K will buy you housing-wise in SoCal (hint: nothing).

Let's just say it's a wash and move on, hm?

• Members

Originally posted by LAracer

Thanks
:)

These generation were all twin turbo (although some people do put big singles in them).

Here's an "action shot"

IMG_2641_small.png

You're a man of great taste :p, plus you're using your car the way it's supposed to be used:thu:

• Members

The rig:

gear1.jpg

The ride:

golf.jpg

Cars just don't impress me much. All I really care about is if they're small, comfortable, reliable, and get decent gas mileage.

I suppose I fit a stereotype since I drive a small foreign car, listen to "indie rock" (whatever that means), and have cool guitars. :D

• Members

one guitar and my ride

st1000-1.jpg

some of my other guitars

familypic1.jpg

one of my amps

guild.jpg

plus i have a marshall valvestate 250 2/12 combo, a peavey classic 100 2/12 combo, a lab L-3, and a kick arse little 10 watt practice amp, and too much recording stuff to write down:D

• Members

LOL ~~> Bus

LMAO ~~> Shoes

:D

So are these EG, FX, or AMP guys?

I like the thread.

BTW I play mainly cheap asian guitars into either a Carvin Bel Air, a Lexicon 284, or a Vox AD30VT. Most of time I am content with the simplicity, portability, and versatility of the vox...I play at home most of the time too. I have an array of pedals but never pieced together a board to speak of. And our two cars are a Subaru Legacy 2.5GT and an Infiniti FX

2003%20infiniti%20fx%2045%20black.jpg

Archived