HCEG Jam#4

Alchemist

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Excellent players here. And amazing thread, I have to take part.

I thought "Electric Guitars" -forum would be just about "which guitar is best" and so on and hanged around in "The Lesson Loft". There's allso this type of threads (but far more worse players ;) not for bad).
See http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1372379

But please someone tell me what scale is this tune in.

DaveH - love the tone you used. Sounds like one of the classic Santana tones. Breaks up as you dig in. Terrific playing. Very soulful. I especially loved the long Santana-like sustained note!! Excellent job:thu:

I don't know what you're using for recording but I would make the whole overall mix louder. I usually stop in the red area just south of clipping. (or just a little too far north :( )

:D

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

DaveH - love the tone you used. Sounds like one of the classic Santana tones. Breaks up as you dig in. Terrific playing. Very soulful. I especially loved the long Santana-like sustained note!! Excellent job:thu:

I don't know what you're using for recording but I would make the whole overall mix louder. I usually stop in the red area just south of clipping. (or just a little too far north
:(
)

:D

Thanks, 99:cool:
That's my AS193 through the BoogieDC5:cool: :cool:
The Super58's really have great tone. I have another clip of some Amin blues, which really shows the tone of that axe/p'ups

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by lesser creator

Ok, here's mine. (at last) [thanks DaveH for information]

It has few mistakes, but I think there is also wery good parts. Yuo're free to criticize
:)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=613611

You have some authentic Carlos tones going for you.:thu:

I thought you did a great job, and the only constructive crticisms(sp) I have, is to work on your bends some more to boost your confidence in them. With that, I think you will hit your target notes more solidly.

Nice playing!:cool:

• Members

{censored}, I am happy to see something like this in a Jam thread. I may have to join in tonight, I have a ton of work today though and I am about to go off, first to my organic chem lab then to do some programming. If I come back tonight when it's not too late, I'll try and record my new amp for the first time using this backing track and my {censored}ty setup.

My playing will probably bore you with a piece this long, as I am not sure I can carry an interesting melody that I haven't planned out for that amount of time. We'll see. Looking forward to posting for feedback on my recording, tone, playing, and just for fun.

• Members

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster :wave:

I usually just read the forums to learn, but decided to register because i liked this backing track and wanted to give it a shot.

It's improvised, but i jammed around on it for a few minutes to get the feel of it before i hit the record button. There's definitely some mistakes but oh well.

My tone isn't that great, i have kind of a harsh sounding amp. It smooths out a bit when i crank it, but i was forced to record at pretty low volumes because my family is home.

I had fun with this one, and I had fun listening to other peoples takes.

Hope you enjoy. I know it's not perfect by any means, but feel free to comment/criticize anyways. I'm always looking for tips to improve myself.

Cheers, and i'm looking forward to participating in some more of these jams :)

(I cant figure out how to upload songs to this site, I click on browse next to "Attach File" and select the mp3 but it doesn't appear on my post :confused: am i doing something wrong?

Im hosting it on soundclick in the meantime, here's the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=608526

EDIT: Can anybody tell me how to subscribe to this thread so that it will show up in my User CP when there are new posts? :confused:

• Members

Frets, thanks for the feedback. It's good to see other massachusetts folks around :wave:

I listened to the rest of the jams, and there's alot of good material :)

Let me just say that my favorite part of these online jams is that after recording your own take, you can listen to everyone elses and see all the different approaches, and hear how other people are able to make things work that you've never even thought of trying. It's cool to listen to what people played, and try to put yourself in their position and think about why they played what they played, or what might have caused them to play what they did. Also, when there's parts of a song that while improvising I kind of "draw a blank", it's nice to see what others did in that same spot and use that to spark some ideas so i'll have an idea on how to handle that type of situation in the future.

overall there's alot to be learned from these kind of projects, especially for the "bedroom guitarists" like myself who don't really have the opportunity to jam with others (offline) on a regular basis.

I participated in a few jams on another site in the past, but it was a small site and recently there hasn't been enough people interested to continue, so i'm glad i've found this forum where the community is larger and there are many people who participate in these jams.

cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by All Is Forgiven

you can listen to everyone elses and see all the different approaches, and hear how other people are able to make things work that you've never even thought of trying.

overall there's alot to be learned from these kind of projects

I think same way too. I really love these jams, hope I could use more time for them. :love:
Someone should make a new thread for 'em, so the new jams would be easy to find.

Next I'm going to try HCEG Jam #1 and #9.
But don't expect I'd cricize others solos (good that someone does, it really helps); I love them all :D

Archived