HCEG Jam#4

Alchemist

• Members

M90 and {censored}stick I just got a chance to listen to you guys

M90....I loved the acoustic stuff......it was recorded well and sounded sweet. I owuld have loved to hear more of that playing....:D

Mr. stick.....I liked the way you started out with the cleaner tone and then went to the overdriven sound. Playing was great....Nice take.....:thu:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by hollowbox

Well I had a little time tonight so I threw this together. Tons of mistakes and boring and repetitve but it was better than changeing baby diapers
:D

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=22234

Way to go Hollow!! I like the way you just flowed with it then opened up at the hot change. Real excellent riffage there and you came out of it so sweetly! Great Job!!

Who doesn't love playing this jam!!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by FckStick Jones

Anybody notice there are only about 5 or 6 people involved with these jams.

Where the hell is everyone?

This is about the only cool thing on these forums.

There were more on the previous, and I'm sure it will pick up again as more people begin to get involved. I want to participate but I'm out until my left hand heals up.

• Members

I've done about 20 takes so far and I'm not happy with any of them to upload them. Maybe I'm being too picky. :(

• Members

It does seem kind of weird that with a forum full of guitar players we don't have mass numbers of takes. I look forward to screwing around with these things and playing to different styles of music....or at least trying. I understand the guys who are gigging regularly might not be as interested.....but everyone else....this is their chance to jam out and be creative, with a built in audience. I guess alot of people prefer to only talk guitars?????

Oh well until more people show up this will be our own hidden gem on HCEG.....because it is the coolest thing about these forums by far.....:thu:

• Members

I definitely thought it was cool. Like I said before, I've never played with backing tracks or other people or anything.

I really don't even know that many actual songs. :o I know bits of a ton of 'em . . .:rolleyes: So while I've played gutiar for quite awhile, and I play fairy regularly, this is the first time I've ever tried doing something that sounds like a song.

I didn't have my $#!% together to record for the first ones, but I did play along with them at home. Or at least I tried to play along with them . . . the gilmour one I think I got ironed out a bit, the hendrix one I couldn't figure out where to play - didn't sound right/out of key or something.

Regardless, I've learned more playing along with these things in the last few weeks than I probably have in the last 5 years of noodling around :thu:

So thanks to everybody who has contributed, and Alchemist especially. Hopefully we'll keep this going even if there are only a handful of us. I can't gurantee that I'll be in on it every week but I'll try.

:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

There were more on the previous, and I'm sure it will pick up again as more people begin to get involved. I want to participate but I'm out until my left hand heals up.

Dude, I'm a carpenter and I'm always getting cuts on my hands. It sucks.

Funny thing is when I cut a finger on my right hand I'm all happy cause it was'nt my left.

• Members

Dude, I'm a carpenter and I'm always getting cuts on my hands. It sucks.

Funny thing is when I cut a finger on my right hand I'm all happy cause it was'nt my left.

Ya know, I worked as a contractor all summer without a single injury. Then I get back to the labs, and I {censored} up my left hand (thumb and index finger) within 2 weeks:freak: Ahhh well, another week and it should be fine I guess.

• Members

Looks like you all have been busy this week. I'll check 'em all out here in a bit.

This was another learning experience for me, which is good but damn frustrating. I don't think I ever really figured out some of the chords and I know I couldn't feel some of the changes coming but here's my evidence of trying.
Mid-west Latin?

Would anyone take the time to explain a little about how this thing was put togither/structured?

Wow excellent takes guys!!

BGM - I love the deliberat note patterns. Nicely paced. You managed the changes fine!! Had the Santana tone and playing style!! Excellent

Mr: BDS!! Monster tone. Loved the intro! Very poerfully and tastefully played!!

Wins my vote!!:thu:

S3: God I love these tones. They all seem to capture Santana at different phases in his career and yet we always seem to associate a particular tone to him! I loved this take. Flowing and smooth!

:thu: :thu:

• Members

BGM: I liked your take. I will say though that it really sounded like you hit your groove at the changeover to the neck.

BDS: That just plain sounded good :cool:

Originally posted by s3_buell

This was another learning experience for me, which is good but damn frustrating. I don't think I ever really figured out some of the chords and I know I couldn't feel some of the changes coming but here's my evidence of trying.

Mid-west Latin?

Would anyone take the time to explain a little about how this thing was put togither/structured?

I liked yours. Sure sounded like you knew what you were doing :thu:

Everything's a learning experience for me. I have no idea what the chords are or anything about structure. I just tried to follow the bouncing synth :(

• Members

Originally posted by s3_buell

Oh, and who among the jamsters either did a cover or came the closest to Santana?

Oops, I meant closest to the Santana version of this song. And with the creative variety I heard here, I don't know what to expect when I hear it. That's great.

Thanks again this week Alchemist, keep expanding my horizons.

Archived