Another vid from my son's band

• Members

I'm a jaded asshole and even I think this is a spectacular song.

Wow! I kinda think I am too (well- jaded, anyway), and I'll admit- it's kinda hard to be objective regarding my son's band's stuff, but you've given me hope. I thought maybe my opinion was being swayed by the fact that we actually like our 21-year old...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Woah--had a prelim cue from the first reply that this was going to be good--and I'm VERY impressed! I'm pretty damn jaded as well. You did a superb job on the recording, very nice mix!! The song is quite good, sort of a Maroon 5 type vibe, love the rockin' undercurrent with forays into nice potent fills. LIke the lyrics too... The outside sections are indeed awesome--a little sidebar for the listener, then the song swoops in again. I think it's a hit...shop it (and them) around...The vid is fun too!

• Members

Woah--had a prelim cue from the first reply that this was going to be good--and I'm VERY impressed! I'm pretty damn jaded as well. You did a superb job on the recording, very nice mix!! The song is quite good, sort of a Maroon 5 type vibe, love the rockin' undercurrent with forays into nice potent fills. LIke the lyrics too... The outside sections are indeed awesome--a little sidebar for the listener, then the song swoops in again. I think it's a hit...shop it (and them) around...The vid is fun too!

Thanks so much! Great review of the song, and coincidentally the guys are here right now putting their new CD cover together- they were very flattered by it!

• Members

This may sound like a dumb question in the age of the "world-wide interweb", but how does one go about shopping tunes and bands these days? My wife and I were having dinner w/friends last night, and both of us guys being 50-ish, are not all that familiar with e-press and whatnot. I'm just not sure what is strategic and helpful...

I'm not quite this bad- (In whiny old man voice): "In my day we didn't have email...", but any words of insight would be cool.

• Members

Really good.

The nerd in me wonders why they pretended to plug instruments cables into a keyboard that doesn't make a noise without USB or MIDI.

Thanks Zooey- but that cable thing- who knows what these kids are up to...

• Members

Woah--had a prelim cue from the first reply that this was going to be good--and I'm VERY impressed! I'm pretty damn jaded as well. You did a superb job on the recording, very nice mix!!

Fun and fantastic sounding!

I'm going to sleep soon, so I'll just say that I totally agree with Alaskan Blue!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks so much! Great review of the song, and coincidentally the guys are here right now putting their new CD cover together- they were
very
flattered by it!

Sorry it's taken so long to reply-glad you and the band liked the review! Alright, so they're coming out with a new CD? Nice...I just bought "China", cool EP--"The Summer House" is quite a tune! Also was very impressed with the "Say What You Do" on YouTube, also a very hook-laden potential hit.

You asked about shopping tunes and bands these days--I'm in my 50's, too, so I won't be much help either...I suppose the days of doing an indie CD and playing every toilet coast to coast for a year or two are over-ha ha. The band IS doing some constructive things right out of the gate, got the vids on YouTube, have a Facebook, Myspace and other social media pages going. They've got their music available on Amazon, I imagine elsewhere as well? I know they're playing gigs, how much are they playing out? I'd read every thread you can find here on Harmony Central about marketing, possibly getting them signed, etc. There are some links to books and articles as well. There are so many knowledgeable musicians/producers here.

• Members

Sorry it's taken so long to reply-glad you and the band liked the review! Alright, so they're coming out with a new CD? Nice...I just bought "China", cool EP--"The Summer House" is quite a tune!

Yup- that is up there in my top favs as well! Do you have their 1st CD? PM me and I'll just send you one...

They are playing about 4-5 gigs per month- trying to out of town and open up for 'bigger' bands.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived