Completing Our Full Length Record

• Members

:cop:First of all, Phil did give me permission to post this...Thanks Phil!

I promise it's not SPAM

Anyway,

We're trying to finish our record and we need all the help we can get. Please check out this link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brianpatrickband/completing-our-full-length-album?ref=live

A bit of info on the recording:

We tracked it at Haunted Hollow studios in Charlottesville, VA. That's Dave Matthew's personal studio and it's pretty much as nice as it gets. If you all are interested I can give specifics on the gear we used; console, mic pres, mics, guitars, amps, etc.

We're mixing it at Grandmaster Recorders in Hollywood, CA which is a legendary studio. Check out their site here:http://www.grandmasterrecorders.com/

They have a very impressive gear list and their client list is serious business.

I hope you all take the time to check out our Kickstarter page and video. There are some really cool rewards available for your donations. You can give as little as $1. If you don't give that's ok too, you could just pass it along. At the time of this post there's only 2 days left.

Thanks! Enjoy!

• Members

Here's the gear list. It's kind of huge and not totally complete, but still cool to look at. Some really great gear in there. Enjoy.

Brian Patrick Band

Recorded at Haunted Hollow Studios, Charlottesville, VA. Aug - Sept 2010

All tracks were recorded through a 1995 API Legacy console equipped with 550L mic pres/eqs. The console was custom built for The Music Mill in Nashville, TN.

ProTools HD8.

Drums:

1968 Ludwig Kit

OHs - U67

Kick - AKG D12, Nuemann U47 FETi (distance) thru Neve 1081

Snare - Sennheiser 441 (top) thru Neve 1081, Shure SM57 (bottom)

Toms - Sennheiser 421

HH - Shure SM81

Bass:

60's Gibson EB3, 78 Fender P-Bass, 78 Fender Music Master, DeArmond Hollow Body(?)

Ampeg B15

Neumann U87

Avalon DI (model?)

Guitar (steve):

87 Gibson LP Standard

00 Fender Big Apple Strat

90's (?) LP Standard

52 RI Fender Tele (Brian's Rig) played on Madeline only.

87 JCM 800 thru a Celestion loaded 2x10 closed back cab (all electric tracks except Madeline)

No pedals for guitar tracks. Overdrive is natural JCM 800

70's Model Sho-Bud Super Pro pedal steel

Big Boy Long Neck 1x15 combo (all pedal steel tracks except Beneath the Tree)

65 Fender Deluxe Reverb (pedal steel on Beneath the Tree only) with Catalinbread DLS

Royer R-122 / Shure SM57

Guitar (brian):

67 Gibson SG

52 RI Fender Tele

90's Gibson LP Standard

57 Martin 00018

50's model Gibson Maestro modded with 5watt "twee champ circuit" 1x12 Naylor (OD tones)

66 Fender Pro Reverb 2x12 Alnico (Cleaner tones and Trem)

Pedals: Xotic RC, Mojo Hand Mule, Fulltone OCD, BBE Two Timer, Vintage EchoPlex Tape Delay (solid state)

Royer R-122 / Shure SM57

Acoustic Mics:

Neumann 582 (stereo pair)

AKG C24

Guitar (matt):

Martin HD28

Dave Miracle Custom Acoustic

Neumann 582 (stereo pair)

Keys:

Yamaha grand piano - Telefunkin U47 x 2

Hammond B3 w/ Leslie (not sure what mics were on Leslie)

Fender Rhodes (mics or DI?)

Wurlitzer Student Model electric piano (mics or DI?)

Vocals:

Shure SM7b (most vox)

Neumann m149, U67 (backing vox)

EV RE20 (backing vox)

That's one heck of a nice gear list. :cool:

Best of luck with your Kickstarter campaign. Can you please come back after it's over and tell us a bit more about the Kickstarter experience from your perspective? I'm sure others would be interested in learning more about it from someone who has gone through it. :)

• Members

Best of luck with your Kickstarter campaign. Can you please come back after it's over and tell us a bit more about the Kickstarter experience from your perspective? I'm sure others would be interested in learning more about it from someone who has gone through it.
:)

I'll try to make this quick.

First, we met our goal of $5000 so now we can finish our record; the recording is done, we just need to mix, master and press.

If you're not familiar with Kickstarter (this was my first experience) here's a short scoop: You (the artist) have a project, you set a project goal ($), you make a video explaining why you need funds, you create rewards, you launch the campaign. An example of a reward can be something like: $20 gets you a copy of our new CD 2 weeks before the official release and a signed poster, etc. Simple stuff like that. We had a $200 reward where our band could be your backing band in the studio for one song of your choice. We also had a $2000 reward for a custom built guitar, pretty amazing actually but no takers. The guitar can be seen in our video.

What it boils down to is this - if you don't reach your goal, you don't get to keep ANY of the funds that have been pledged. That's why you really need creative rewards and you have to constantly promote your campaign. With that being said we were about $1000 shy of our goal with only 2 hours left, if we didn't get it we would lose the $4000 that had already been pledged. The best thing to do was to put the money in ourselves, from our own pockets. That way we met our goal and our Kickstarter campaign was a success.

I highly recommend using Kickstarter for your next project. Your goal just has to be realistic. I do feel ours was slightly high, but it's what we needed. Just take the time to check out the Kickstarter site, there are some really cool projects on there. I'm actually going to start backing some myself. It's not just music, it's all types of art. Some projects have earned over $100k!!!!! wow.

Anyway, I hope you all find this useful.

Thanks, ....oh and look for our new record in a couple of months!

• Members

Wow. Two weeks to go and it's already %114 funded. Amazing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1803966612/hamell-on-trial-is-recording-an-album?ref=live

Hey, he offered to watch you have sex with your wife. That's a pretty good prize. :p

I'm a big Hamell fan. Saw him a few years ago opening for Ani DiFranco and he blew me away. Very funny, un-PC music that is both childish and wickedly insightful. :thu:

• Members

Hey, he offered to watch you have sex with your wife. That's a pretty good prize.
:p

I'm a big Hamell fan. Saw him a few years ago opening for Ani DiFranco and he blew me away. Very funny, un-PC music that is both childish and wickedly insightful.
:thu:

HA! I didn't see that on my 1st look. That's hilarious! I'll have to check him out.

Archived