Need help with MIDI on Emu 1820M

• Members

Has anyone been able to get the MIDI ports to work from your 1820M dock? I cannot seem to get my Windows 7 DAW to accept MIDI input from either the front (MIDI1) or back (MIDI2) MIDI in ports. I've installed the latest drivers and told Reaper to accept ALL MIDI channels but it does not respond.

I had stopped using the 1820M for a couple of years because I find the routing capabilities to be more complex than I usually require.It's entirely possible that I don't have the correct settings. I testing my Fantom X8 and the MIDI cable with a USB MIDI interface which works fine on my Mac Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

You've already done what I would suggest first - get the latest drivers installed.

I'm not a 1820M owner or user, but I poked around a bit, and it appears that there are no 64 bit drivers available for that interface. Are you running Win 7 in 32 bit or 64 bit? Are you using the Vista drivers?

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=237&subCatID=946&prodID=9871&prodName=E-MU%201820M&subCatName=PCI/PCIe%20Audio/MIDI%20Interfaces&CatName=E-MU+%2f+Creative+Professional&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_9871,VARSET=CategoryID:237

Unfortunately, you're getting to the point in the product lifecycle and OS turnover that the product support is disappearing... :(

Maybe try the other OS's drivers - XP or whatever you're not currently using. Maybe try running it in 32 bit mode? All of these are just guesses and work-arounds that have worked with other interfaces in the past - pure hail-mary passes if you will. While there may be someone here who is familiar with that interface, I'd also recommend you look for an Emu forum or Creative forum and see if someone there had a good recommendation for a work-around... if one exists.

• Members

Check your keyboard manual.

I'm not familure with Rolland, but With my keyboards

you have to set them for midi mode to transmit and receice midi signals.

The DAW wont see it till those ports are opened.

You may also have some settings in Reaper too.

you likely have to set up midi tracks and arm them to record, select sound banks and all that stuff

under your audio options. I dont run Reaper only Cubase and Sonar so I cant give you specifics

on setting the audio properties to connect midi.

Both the program and keyboard need to be set in the right modes. It should be listed in the manuals.

Archived