Are you a Fender man or a Gibson man?

geek_usa

• Members

... just like beautiful women,

I never played one I didn't like. And I've played some f'd up boxes before. I have never whined about the nut or the wiring or the pickups, or hell even the strings - I just like to play 'em.

Three most incredible guitars I've ever played were an old Gretsch, an LP Standard, and a Stratocaster. But at the end of the day, when you get right down to it, Fender is THE electric guitar. Everything else is like one level down.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've always bought Fender guitars. Love my Strat, it sounds almost as loud as an acoustic unplugged. The neck on my Tele is buttery smooth to play. My next guitar purchase will be some sort of Gibson clone, though. Gotta have a humbucker guitar in there.

• Members

Originally posted by OldFenderGuy

Yeah, the SRV has a 12" radius neck and larger frets than the "normal" American Series Stratocasters (9.5" radius neck).

I prefer the necks on my Peavey USA Predators over my Fender USA Strats. They also have a 12" radius, slightly wider neck, and larger frets..
:cool:

Have you by any chance tried the Texas Tele (which also has a 12" radius)? If so, what did you think?

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0113502367

• Members

I find a lot more utility with the Fender and Fender style guitars. Granted I have no Gibsons (my humbuckers are an Ibanez Artstar, a Hamer USA, and a Washburn CS) and only one Fender (Tele), but I have five single coil bolt-on guitars which I currently use most for what I play. I like to rock but I also like jangle and the twang factor. I guess Keith Richards is kinda my sonic role model.

• Members

I do like both but if you forced me....I'd choose Fender

A strat/tele/jaguar (in that order) are my preferences and can just sound so clean and nice then get so down and dirty all in the same breath.....:D

I like Gibbys too but haven't quite found one that gets me going as much as my strat. I'd love one to go along with it though

• Members

Originally posted by newbie chick

Wow, 2 new ladies on the guitar forum, welcome Cybersecretary and Cangrejito. We have Blueswoman and Tamilyn posting occasionally too. I dont feel quite so alone anymore.
:D

and one more fender girl....:D

• Members

Originally posted by id-man

Here's a side poll for you - of the people who Choose Fender guitars I bet the vast majority would also choose a Fender amp, while the Gibson crowd would gravitate toward Marshall.

Mesa Boogie Mark III. I have sought and sought another amp - Mainly to get something lighter. But nothing touches the Mark III's tone.

Just another opinion that I am not prepared to defend with my life. :cool:

• Members

I've always been a Fender guy; that's what I started out on, so I suppose that's why. However, after getting my SG a while ago, I'm not sure if I'm a Fender guy anymore. I've had a bunch of Gibson style guitars in the past and didn't like something about them. But the SG...I dig it...

Archived