Be a "One-Man Show"!!!

Marko

• Members

Originally posted by Ryan Trevisol

Sounds like backing tracks to me . . .

Basically ,,, The software to sink up lyric telapromter computer lyrics to the backtracks would be a hot seller. I dont have a problem with kereoke. I have had a good time the few times i have done it. If you havent tried it ,, you are missing a great time.

Its nothing i would make a lifestyle out of. Its not as easy as you would think. Dont knock it till you have tried it.

Its always an adventure when the song hits the screen. You dont know the key,,, and you dont know the arrangment or temp... It can making a song you know by heart alot more challenging than one might think. You dont get practice, but you can get a do over lol. those do overs are what keeps people comming back. . rat

• Members

Originally posted by rhat

Basically ,,, The software to sink up lyric telapromter computer lyrics to the backtracks would be a hot seller. I dont have a problem with kereoke. I have had a good time the few times i have done it. If you havent tried it ,, you are missing a great time.

Its nothing i would make a lifestyle out of. Its not as easy as you would think. Dont knock it till you have tried it.

Its always an adventure when the song hits the screen. You dont know the key,,, and you dont know the arrangment or temp... It can making a song you know by heart alot more challenging than one might think. You dont get practice, but you can get a do over lol. those do overs are what keeps people comming back. . rat

Actually, I have a karaoke rig at home, hooked up to a full PA (I

• Members

Originally posted by Mark G. Hinge

Can one buy backing tracks in this format for popular songs? Everything there but the lead guitar and/or vocals?

I've been performing a solo act for a year now, playing all of the guitar parts and doing all of the vocals; the backing tracks supply the bass/drum lines for me. I have about 500 such tracks now - some I've downloaded off the 'net, some I've had made, and some I've made myself.

It's not a new concept at all really. I don't care for the term 'karaoke' though, since playing the guitar parts and singing requires the same level of ability that playing with a live drummer/bass player would. Actually, maybe even more since live musicians will adjust to your mistakes, whereas the tracks are merciless. But playing a lot of the songs that I do on an electric, without any backings, would seriously bore the crowd.

I don't use any elaborate machine for the tracks, I just play them off of an iPod.

~Blackbelt

Archived