Looking for something to listen to tonight...

WFTurner

• Members

Originally posted by WFTurner

Stuck in bed tonight, tired of TV, don't feel like composing and have $9.95 to blow on one album from ITunes for tonights entertainment. What should i get?

Just suggest one, no lists please.

Thanks

Something by Chuck Brodsky.

• Members

Astor Piazzolla

PS, I just found John Pizzarelli Meets the Beatles in MM On Demand and threw it in my playlist.

This cracks me up. I've heard him quite a bit on my local jazz station (KLON) -- but I don't think I ever realized he sings in addition to playing a sharp jazz guitar. Although it's certainly not a classic jazz voice by a million miles. It's downright, hmm, I guess I'd have to say, homey. Pleasant enough. What's the adjective? Reedy? But Kurt Elling don't have no one on his heels, there.

Sounds like he got Stan Getz to come back from the grave for the first tenor solo on Here Comes the Sun... The Moondance intro grafted onto Things We Said Today is pretty droll. His vocals are, on consideration after a few tracks, definitely not my cup of tea, though. Still, sharp musicianship and classic, classy charts.

;)

• Members

Originally posted by WFTurner

Stuck in bed tonight, tired of TV, don't feel like composing and have $9.95 to blow on one album from ITunes for tonights entertainment. What should i get?

Just suggest one, no lists please.

Thanks

Take mine for free.

Link :D

• Members

Originally posted by blue2blue

Yeah... there ya go. You can have all of mine you want, too... I was gonna put in a link but, dang, it's alread down there in the sig...

Thanks. I forgot about the ones in my sig.:p They are different, but people seem to like them.

Archived