WTF is a a DAE error?

XamendedX

• Members

Originally posted by Spencer Crewe

Is the error completely preventing you from opening and using PT?

Cheers!

Spencer

yeah, it says the error and then protools shuts itself down, well, it unexpectidly quits (i'm using a mac)

EDIT: after the error message another message comes up that says: a program error has occured, we cannot complete your request

• Members

Digidesign has an answerbase:

Answer Details

DAE error -1119 in Pro Tools 6.0 for OS X.

This means that the date/time on the on your machine is WAY OFF. Often the incorrect date/time can be caused by a system prefs/PRAM reset.

Platform: OS X ID: 25869 Created: 11/04/2002

follow the links to >SUPPORT >ANSWERBASE

I'm not saying that this will fix it, but it may be a good place to start.

• Members

Actually, while Digi has their own 'proprietary' use of the acronym (Digidesign Audio Engine) peculiar to them and their cordoned off part of the world -- the abbreviation "DAE" has been in general use by the rest of the industry for the better part of two decades to describe Digital Audio Extraction -- and DAE errors -- for most people -- are errors in that process. Confusing, eh?

• Members

I get that message sometimes after using Avid Xpress on the same computer as ProTools LE. (Just because the same company sells both applications and they even bundle them together for some of their products doesn't mean they get along very well) A restart or two of the computer usually makes it stop.

• Members

I was having the same problem with Logic (different ERR message wording). Turned out to be the above mentioned mis-set clock. Resetting the clock should work for the moment, but if it continues, you might want to replace the backup battery in your Mac, and cinching up the connectors for good contact. That solved my problem. Paul

Archived