Guitar for $100 to $150

burton4snow

• Members

I think you guys know this, but MusicGearGarage IS Music123, and they're probably selling off inventory and doing so in a way that evades MAP restrictions.

Also, Musician.com IS MusiciansFriend.

Sorry if I bored you guys with the obvious, but you know...just in case.

• Members

That's crazy. How can it be right? WI64's are selling for $400+ right now!!

Edit: was looking at the wrong one but still, Music 123 has it for $250.

Edit2:

It looks to me like it is a little stripped down version of the other WI64 models - they don't mention Buzz Feiten in the auction, for example, but it still looks like a great guitar for the money.

• Members

For $150 and under new there are quite a few pretty cheap options. The lower end Agiles,SX's,etc knowing they need a few tweaks and also the Dean's the Squires, Music Yo-Kramers,Epi's specials and B stocks and the like from other mfgs. Just dont expect a LP or Strat killer but rather a good useable(in most cases) guitar and with the regular upgrades could be a real sleeper. Im tempted to get a plank Kramer just for kicks.

"Our price $2.69"

that's a hell of a deal:D

• Members

There's a higher end Washburn on eBay now in that price range:

The Washburn WI64 Idol.

That one is a curiousity, and it started going on ebay right after I bought my WI 14 for $150 shipped.

I think it's a discontinued model. This auction has a basswood body, and the current WI64's are mahogony. However, this auction has a set neck, a birdseye maple neck, covered humbuckers, and a nice finish. I've discussed this auction on Washburn's forum, and somone there knows the shop auctioning it. Said to be honest people. I'd recommend bidding on it. Nice $119 guitar.

• Members

I like my Epi LP Junior w/P-90 ($99) - I use it for alternate tunings a la Sonic Youth since it's not inclined to hold in any other tuning.

A good Epi bargain, unlike most of their products (Elitists notwithstanding).

Yeah those P-90 Juniors were a real bargain.I't too bad Epiphone stopped making them(see below).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-JR-90?sku=518572

• Members

Yeah those P-90 Juniors were a real bargain.I't too bad Epiphone stopped making them(see below).

It seems that they just started putting P90's in the EP Juniors. It just makes too much sense? Too bad it didn't sell. Maybe there were complaints about the hum. The EP Junior is an entry level guitar, and maybe new players were taking them back.

• Members
Wow thats weird they were $169 up until yesterday and now have doubled in price, Boo! And not a good deal at all if this is true. Even on their front page they have the low $$$ prices in the decripts.
:mad:
http://www.musicyo.com/brandland.asp?dept_id=1

They moved their decimal over yesterday afternoon it was $2.69 not $269. I had the non floyd model. It was ok, neck heavy and that drives me crazy.

• Members

It seems that they just started putting P90's in the EP Juniors. It just makes too much sense? Too bad it didn't sell. Maybe there were complaints about the hum. The EP Junior is an entry level guitar, and maybe new players were taking them back.

they are for metalhead kids,and metalhead kids want humbuckers

• Members

They moved their decimal over yesterday afternoon it was $2.69 not $269. I had the non floyd model. It was ok, neck heavy and that drives me crazy.

You know just before Christmas I was looking at those and I swear they said $171 and the nicer Pacer was $179 as well. Looks like the Indonesian Kramers had a price jump as to match other mfgs. For $300 or so you can get the original Kramers when they surface. My 80's Pacer had a wonderfull birdseye maple neck that was fat but yet fast. I suppose these new Kramers are nothing of the sort though.

Archived