Worst two guitarists ever.

CrackerD

• Members

Well, I suppose Death already took care of Chet for you....

But seriously, haven't you ever heard of a little thing called genre playing? Sure Chet may not float your boat, and the man basically invented pop guitar. As for Knopfler, yeah, you try playing EVERYTHING finger style?

And one last thing: If you think these guys are the worst, apparently you don't live next door to me.....

• Members
Well, I suppose Death already took care of Chet for you....

But seriously, haven't you ever heard of a little thing called genre playing? Sure Chet may not float your boat, and the man basically invented pop guitar. As for Knopfler, yeah, you try playing EVERYTHING finger style?

And one last thing: If you think these guys are the worst, apparently you don't live next door to me.....

Hahahahaha!!!:wave:

You must be high on that dang weed again!:mad:

• Members

I think if this thread is proving anything, it's that pop music is just that.....POPULAR, not universal. Then again, I suppose there is no such thing as universal music, as even most of those schmucks on networking sites that put "everything" usual put some caveat like "except country" or "rap sucks". Everything is usual a cover for "whatever you don't like" anyways.

• Members
I think if this thread is proving anything, it's that pop music is just that.....POPULAR, not universal. Then again, I suppose there is no such thing as universal music, as even most of those schmucks on networking sites that put "everything" usual put some caveat like "except country" or "rap sucks". Everything is usual a cover for "whatever you don't like" anyways.

Hey Craig, I hate to break it to you, but we're all just joshing around here.:thu:

ALL guitarists like Chet and Mark, unless they are completely retarded.;)

Go back and read carefully. See if you detect any sarcasm.......

• Members
Hey Craig, I hate to break it to you, but we're all just joshing around here.
:thu:

ALL guitarists like Chet and Mark, unless they are completely retarded.
;)

Go back and read carefully. See if you detect any sarcasm.......

Ok, my apologies. But you just know that an Yngwie worshipper was about to come in and agree with you. And as you can tell, I have a hang up about country bashers.

But you are right. For someone who is (at least trying to be) into playing, these guys are hard not to appreciate. As a matter of fact, when I first started playing my grandmother gave me a Chet Atkins LP. I almost stopped playing that day, I was so embarassed.

• Members
And as you can tell, I have a hang up about country bashers.

No apologies needed here. Didn't you see Junior in my avatar????????????????

For the record, my first record was John Denver!! My bitch of a mom wouldn't let me get Kiss Alive!!!:mad:

Played the hell out of that John Denver record....don't tell my friends.....:cool:

• Members
No apologies needed here. Didn't you see Junior in my avatar????????????????

For the record, my first record was John Denver!! My bitch of a mom wouldn't let me get Kiss Alive!!!
:mad:

Played the hell out of that John Denver record....don't tell my friends.....
:cool:

I'll keep quiet, because I actually still have a Denver record in my collection. Another of my grandmother's faves.

And my dad was the same way about letting me buy any guitar magazine with Korn/Limp Biskit/Slip Knot et. al. on the front. Though in retrospect, he may have been right about that......

Archived