So I went to Ed Romans...

chiro972

• Members

Why didn't you buy it?

It was out of my price range. I would love to buy the one I played.

I noticed a bunch of guitars that I thought were Jay Tursers, but I didn't look at those closely. They may have said Turner.

Like I said, I didn't meet Ed. Don't really think I want to, but the guys in the shop were cool and I really did like the way the pearlcaster played.

• Members

It was out of my price range. I would love to buy the one I played.

I noticed a bunch of guitars that I thought were Jay Tursers, but I didn't look at those closely. They may have said Turner.

Like I said, I didn't meet Ed. Don't really think I want to, but the guys in the shop were cool and I really did like the way the pearlcaster played.

Believe me man, you would know the difference 10 feet away between a Turser and a Turner ;) Turner's are like Alembic, perfection!

• Members

What're you talking about? He's here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popoon

Lol,if i went to Vegas i would be dissapointed if i did not meet the man himself,granted he is no pretty boy but people do take notice of his years of guitar knowledge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EADGBE

Why didn't you buy it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by walt0915

Thanks for the honest eval. Having read his "rants" I still don't have too much respect for the man, but that his employees run a good shop is nice to know. Not sure if I'd mail order from him - but then I'm mail order skittish with guitars anyway.

Yep! Sure looks like it. You're right on top of Ed's disguised posts! You can always tell because he "admits" to one issue, then talks up a positive point. The admitted negative, however, is never something that might suggest that his opinions are worthless. It's the kind of thing a manipulative narcissist will do...

• Members

I know. The mock humility is really obvious. He does it on his site, too. With the one letter he got trashing his customer service but praising the guitar. :rolleyes: and then he posts a letter to Gibson. . . .

I love all the people that love his rants. Oh yeah, I love mispunctuated, aimless ramblings that don't prove anything and which make wild assumptions as their premise, like one of his main reasons why he doesn't like a McCarty PRS is the pickups, but he doesn't give any reason why the pickups are bad.

I would love to be a moderator on this forum and see what IP's those three posters were on.

• Members

Say what you will, that shop has a lot of guitars in it. The retail guitar business seems very similar to the retail car business. I've found that the new car dealers with the best reputation for quality and customer service often have the smallest selection and rarely offer the lowest price. When I purchase a new car I ask myself which is more important, price or service, and proceed from there. Same with guitars.

Roman's has a bunch of guitars so I wouldn't expect total customer satisfaction as a hallmark of their reputation. They seem to live up to that expection. That said, when I visited the staff was very kind and attentive without being pushy. They let me try any guitar I wanted to. They had a nice string of Ricks that you don't see in a lot of places. Plus they had a bunch of unusual finishes on a wide array of various brands. I scoped the place out and bought a ten dollar cotton strap. If you're in Vegas and play guitar you owe it to yourself to check it out. It's like a new guitar museum.

• Members

Ed is a dick, but that doesn't mean he can't hire good luthiers and buy qulity parts. Still, I would be hesitant to give him money knowing what a douche he is. There was the fake EBMM thing, the countless fraud accusations, and of course the fact that he is now disgracing the baker name.

Those JET guitars sure look sexy though, not that ed had anything to do with them

jet_139_small.jpg

Archived