All for the sake of FUR!!!

Shars

• Members
Originally posted by Mr. Donovan

I said that I hope noone commits a terrorist act against a fur store. This is because I am against violence.

Yes you did, and I was agreeing with ya there!

(my apologies if that was miscommunicated - text often doesn't convey such things as the implied "yeah" before such statments...I was under the impression that b/c of the nature of our veiws and the previous parts of the convo that would be understood)

[ADDIONTAL : Ah, I see now what you want me to delete - not what i wrote, but the quote I will honor your request to redact]

• Members

I guess that's where I'm looking to a more proactive solution (ie 'bring the good' as opposed to 'fight the evil' )

to advance human empaphy, to give those with fewer economically viable option more empowerment , to create solutions in a positive space (making something to do as an alternative as opposed to a "don't do that" withholding ype response -- much like the difficulty of asking your canine pal to stay..."what is it you wanted me to do?")

• Members

Originally posted by Shars

I just got sent this from a friend and I am fuming here!!
:mad:
If you are of a nervouse disposition

DO NOT!!!
watch this movie!

I am horrified for the sake of clothing the rich, thise sort of stuff still happens and these are baby bears!! I was in tears and watched the first few seconds of it! had to click it of!! I am so ANGRY now!!

:(

CLONK HERE BUT ONLY IF YOU DO NOT GET DISTRESSED QUICKLY!

I'd like to to skin that bastard alive, just like he did to that poor animal.

Sick bastards.

nw

• Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

It's a tough one to be sure

I assume those folks aren't first worlders

While I am unhappy with that situation

(hey, used to be a moral fructarian...I have since accepted the death that I do cause and pray daily about it - I still atempt to reduce my consumption the viable life-force of being be they plant or animal -- plants have negative tropisms and even defend themselves! killing a plant is murder too)

the way of loving kindness stresses that we do not visit negativity on a negative situation.

In this case we may need to make sure individual cultures, nations and civilizations have viable alternative -- our own industrialized culture is built on the backs of a horrific industrial revolution and countless inhumane acts

does this mean we need to give up a lot? yes, most probably

does it mean we need to actively aid these areas? yes, yes it does

Hate is love that has been twisted into an ugly thing by violent and abusive forces and conditions

hate is a self-replicating form of anti-life -- don't feed the monster

When we are faced by these sort of atrocities, one of the first responeses is to visit violence on the perpetrators, but in the long run it doesn't help.

As MorePaul said, if you commit an act of violence, you are just feeding the monster.

:( :(

• Members

Iron Chicken...Paul is absolutely right...we cannot allow ourselves be detered by the way of peace.

I think its a tough one but I also think the more people that see that film, the better things become and we can put a stop to it!

• Members

There's a fun type of fly fishing "hit fishing" you might like

you tie your flies hookless and just for the strike of the fish, ten he spits it out when he finds he's been conned

It's kind of neat in that it distills fly fishing to the strike which is really where it's at in fly fishing

It's extra challenging b/c while you can 'match the hatch' of the environment, you don't get to look at what the little guy has in his tummy [i'll call it that b/c I don't really know if it's technically a stomach or not] (the hatch that they are actually feeding on)

so you have to rely on attractive behavior -- it's kinda like being a flower or something

(even more challenging, that guy is probably going back to his little stillwater spot and may get desensitized to your fly)

the calypso org has some great books on fishing techniques without hook (a lot of that has more to do with research specimen catching)

and "ethnoanglicology" (is that a word?) - fishing practices through different world cultures

It interesting reading if nothing else

• Members

Goddamn!

I was almost sick but managed to hold it down( acid in throat came up a little)

I could only watch it till he started chopping off legs and there was a shot of the bear with no legs, wiggling with blood out its mouth.

Nasty as {censored}.

Seems unneccessary. I'm no vegetarian or hippy, but I can't see the advantage of fur over a ski coat to be honest.

• Members

That's a video of men harvesting fur. I'm afraid that's how it's done. There are many deeds in this world that aren't for the weak at heart.

I trapped and shot Otter, Fox, and Racoon for fur when I was a teenager back home in Goergia. I also ran a trot line for turtle. I trapped possum and coon to sell at the black folks' restaraunt on the other side of town for extra money. We raised beef, chicken, and even turkey and swine for food and other by products.

If you let your stomach get the best of you, you'll quickly run out of resources. There's no shame in being sentient beings and harvesting our resources from plants and animals. They were placed here in the grand scheme of things to fulfill our needs. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

• Members

This is an interesting thread.

I grew up on a big farm so I see something different when I watch that clip.

I understand the obvious contrasts of rich people wearing luxurious furs and the clubbing of cute fur bearing animals, but I also understand why they're clubbed as opposed to being killed some other way.

So I kinda wonder what people are thinking about when they buy that new laptop case or a new pair of Nikes. What about that Lexus with the carmel colored leather interior? True there is no hair on them, but that's just because someone took the time to remove it.

Gag on a gnat but swallow a camel, maybe?

• Members

Originally posted by Jon Doe

[b

So I kinda wonder what people are thinking about when they buy that new laptop case or a new pair of Nikes. What about that Lexus with the carmel colored leather interior? True there is no hair on them, but that's just because someone took the time to remove it.

Gag on a gnat but swallow a camel, maybe?

Depends on the person (like any other issue - the sensitivities and motives of the individuals can vary...often greatly!!)

many anit-fur types opt out of those products

Delorean over of the FX forum is a GREAT resource for finding non-animal derived footwear and other such products

others are more specifically anti fur (as oppose to anti animal use in general, particular harvesting operations, all kinds of stuff)

Archived