All for the sake of FUR!!!

Shars

• Members

I just got sent this from a friend and I am fuming here!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you are of a nervouse disposition

DO NOT!!! watch this movie!

I am horrified for the sake of clothing the rich, thise sort of stuff still happens and these are baby bears!! I was in tears and watched the first few seconds of it! had to click it of!! I am so ANGRY now!!

:( :( :(

CLONK HERE BUT ONLY IF YOU DO NOT GET DISTRESSED QUICKLY! :mad: :mad:

• Members

This has to be one of the most digusting things I have come across in many a long day. These creatures aren't baby bears - I think they're red pandas. They are related to the giant panda but look more like their cousins the racoons. They are also classed as an endangered species under C.I.T.E.S. Next time I come across a halfwit wearing this stuff I think I'll {censored} on them.:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

There's only one kind of fur I like...and no animal has to get hurt for me to enjoy it...
;)

+1, classic! :D

Thanks Tedster, for making me laugh such that I did a nasal projection of iced tea onto the monitor! ;)

cheers,

Ian

• Members

Oh My God,

I couldn't finish watching it, it was so cruel that it brought me to tears to think that ANYONE could skin of poor harmless creature ALIVE.... those poor little babies were still moving when they were cutting their hides off.....

I'm feeling too sick to post....

• Members

Well I posted that with the intention of people finally knowing the real truth!

I am really sorry if people feel upset by this and Ani, I hope your ok.

I did try and warn everyone that it was a horrible film :(

I'm feeling pretty bad that your upset Ani :( :(

I hope that this all stops and that taking an innocent life whoever it belongs to for the sake of clothing is well deplorable and I actualy feel like going to Bond Street and doing pretty drastic to the shops that still sell fur as if its a notmal thing to do.

It makes me sick and very angry! :mad:

Ani, you ok honey :(

• Members

I'm back today Shars and I'm okay, thanks for asking. I just couldn't stand to watch the cruelty any longer. These people were not even humanely putting the innocent creature to death before carving on them; utter torture. These type people have no sense of humity to do anything so saddistic and cruel.

• Members

Ani I know...the 1st few seconds of that I clicked of! I cannot comprehend how people seem to think its the right thing to do.

What if we did that to a human being, we'd be done for murder and thats what it is! Murder!

Doesn't matter what life you take, its still a life and its murderous! Those poor things didnt stand a chance!

I'm glad your ok Ani, I was really worried that it had got to you and I felt rather guilty for putting that up but it had to be done to change attitudes... I hope it has done

• Members

It's a tough one to be sure

I assume those folks aren't first worlders

While I am unhappy with that situation

(hey, used to be a moral fructarian...I have since accepted the death that I do cause and pray daily about it - I still atempt to reduce my consumption the viable life-force of being be they plant or animal -- plants have negative tropisms and even defend themselves! killing a plant is murder too)

the way of loving kindness stresses that we do not visit negativity on a negative situation.

In this case we may need to make sure individual cultures, nations and civilizations have viable alternative -- our own industrialized culture is built on the backs of a horrific industrial revolution and countless inhumane acts

does this mean we need to give up a lot? yes, most probably

does it mean we need to actively aid these areas? yes, yes it does

Hate is love that has been twisted into an ugly thing by violent and abusive forces and conditions

hate is a self-replicating form of anti-life -- don't feed the monster

• Members

Idea for a T-Shirt...

"Eat fur, don't wear it..."

:D :D :D

It doesn't matter whether they're first worlders - I've seen some repulsive goings on perpetrated in the name of "sport" in our enlightened progressive chic trendy wealthy educated urbane witty literate bit of Western Europe...I've also seen a puppy farm where the bastard had treated the dogs so badly that 64 out of 160 animals had to be put down. The septic piece of {censored} argued by way of mitigation "Shure I was only giving dem a home. Shure it'd be cruel not to give dem a home". Do humanity a favour and join yer local animal welfare people today. Educate yer kids in the way of treating animals with respect because believe me the {censored}s in the video are only a yelp away from doing it to humans...:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by blackpig

It doesn't matter whether they're first worlders

I have a different perspective - there may very well be a loaclized as well as globalized economic incentive (like a stream trout looking at an insect in the current, the enegry cost is inherently weighed -- in a near-subsistence culture..sometime "path of least resistance" can mean a lot more than we understand living in a surplus culture) , a hardened culture of survival, etc -- many of these people are quite literally living in a different age

- I've seen some repulsive goings on perpetrated in the name of "sport" in our enlightened progressive chic trendy wealthy educated urbane witty literate bit of Western Europe

that is most probably a difffernt case as the animal that is sported will have spoiled pelt

even there, we must fight apathy with light -- with hate we only have yet more hate

...I've also seen a puppy farm where the bastard had treated the dogs so badly that 64 out of 160 animals had to be put down. The septic piece of {censored} argued by way of mitigation "Shure I was only giving dem a home. Shure it'd be cruel not to give dem a home". Do humanity a favour and join yer local animal welfare people today. Educate yer kids in the way of treating animals with respect because believe me the {censored}s in the video are only a yelp away from doing it to humans...:mad:

Sadly, we are doing to humans by way of our current economic structure :(

[don't forget plants as well, we warp and enslave an entire kindgom of life with reckless disregard b/c they are different than us]

• Members

I would as well!!!

the operative part there is "pro"

this is an uplift war!!!

or more accurately an uplift operation!!

(sadly, or humanly, M Gandhi was not without his cultural biases such as support for socially sanctioned segregation - evil thrives within as well as without we must be careful not to unleash more darkness into the world, but instead more light)

Nothing has to be passive about working in a positve mode!

• Members

He's been multiply quoted as upholding the system - in early '25 he suggested he suggested moving to a traditonal 4 caste Varna system (

Now as we see time move on - we see an evolution in his being (he was initially a military man), including a softening of even this! [as some interpret - but the quotes themselves...I dunno] (but sadly, I don't think he ever crossed the hurdle to acceptance of southafrican Blacks)

this is not to say that his work is somhow invalid, but rather the opposite -- the uplift work continues

and it is that world that we are left with to move forward and upward

but we digress

but most importantly!! it speaks to a more general point -- we must look within and without and work on both fronts

cultural and economic repair as well as individual repair well may be indicated

• Members

Perhaps he viewed the caste society as civilised when compared to the brutality that was endemic in the world in his time. A base, perhaps, from which to move forward and upward. It strikes me as a pity that the people that indulge in cruelty seem to be able to drag the whole of society back down to their level when they so wish.

• Members
Originally posted by blackpig

Perhaps he viewed the caste society as civilised when compared to the brutality that was endemic in the world in his time.

He has been quoted as saying it was very 'organizing'

and it was part of the sociall structure to which he was used - as do most cultural indoctrinations ( one of the things we can hopefully correct)

A base, perhaps, from which to move forward and upward.

definitely an organized political platform, sadly, this did not seem to extend to the Kaffir

It strikes me as a pity that the people that indulge in cruelty seem to be able to drag the whole of society back down to their level when they so wish.

sadly, it's not just the people but the culture -- theindividual both shapes and is shaped by the world, the culture, the economy

Which is whene positive action as opposed to hate can help, hate is divisive - leads to absusive organizational structure, "the lesser of two evils" and these sorts of thing

A start? surely, some wrong tuens? surely (we all do) - but it important to see WHERE the darkness crept in so that we can move forward and upward with less abuse, a wider range, and respect for the entire system of life

As Zukov said (paraphrase attempt at verbatim) "darkness is the absence of light. You cannot remove darkness with yet more darkness - you have added nothing"

I do realize that a moral fructarian (and please don't confuse a moral fructarian with a dietary fruitarian) and the perspective from which it comes and which is suggests is often seen as strange (oddly, often more by veggies than by polys!!! :eek: )

but passive it isn't, but proactively positive !!!

• Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

sadly, or humanly, M Ghandi was not without his cultural biases such as support for socially sanctioned segregation

If you are implying that Mahatma Gandhi supported discrimination based on caste in India it's not true.

I found this on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghandi#Vision_for_Hindu_Society

Gandhi struck out firmly against untouchability and caste discrimination. He brought uniformity, a sense of common identity and unity to millions of Congressmen and hundreds of millions of people who were divided by caste, religion, language and ethnicity.

• Members

Wikipedia is often a problematic resource based on how articles are "published" (oddly, that was last week's conversation on the "open source" radio show )

even wiki has a critique section on some of that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mahatma_Gandhi

There is also sources such as

Legends, Lies & Cherished Myths of World History - R. Sheckman

Gandhi Awareness Group

Houston, TX

(one interesting thing about that group is they maintain direct quotations)

Andre Brink had a text (saldy, I can't remember the full ref there, but I'm sure we can find it if needed for verif)

I do realize that his is emotionally charged for many and a "friend or foe" reaction is very very common (oh, that cookey amygadala) esp being such a lauded figure

do portions of his history invalidate his work? absolutely not!

I'm of the impression that they validate his works, we can see him as human and an evolving one at that!

'If You Meet the Buddha...' may be applicable here - through this we can see the power and humanity...or rather, the power OF humanity within an evolving individual - how the world colors him and how he colors the world

• Members

I agree that M Gandhi should be viewed as a human being. He certainly was not perfect. I think Indians who lived through that time period know that not everything M Gandhi tried worked in the real world. I think M Gandhi is a more popular figure in the western world than he is in India today.

It

• Members
Originally posted by Mr. Donovan

I agree that M Gandhi should be viewed as a human being. He certainly was not perfect. I think Indians who lived through that time period know that not everything M Gandhi tried worked in the real world. I think M Gandhi is a more popular figure in the western world than he is in India today.

Most probably true

(if you notice the humanity was essentially the thesis statement to my original Gandhi comment)

It

Archived