Monitors by Monitors??

seclusion

• Members

Hey guys, just doing a small studio change, and just wondered if there's a way for sheilding my speakers monitors from my video monitors? If I place both sets of monitors exactly where I want them, the corners of the video displays have color / veiwing distortions! Thanks for any advise.

Later

The BriGuy

• Members

I have a 20 inch Viewsonic LCD sandwiched between a pair of Mackie HR824 active speakers. The speakers are each about half an inch from the display. I get no interference at all. It's beautiful.

As I live in New Hampshire, I have NO sympathy for cold winters in Missouri. ;)

I will say this, my studio gear and my computer together generate a LOT of heat, and it isn't cool (pun intended) in the summer. Having the display contribute a bit less heat is a definite benefit.

• Members

Thanks guys, 2 17" LCD's I doubt are anywhere in my near future. But I was able to set up with the least amount of goofyness! I was assuming I could add material to the insides of my 20/20bas but didn't want to change their sound at all! I'd rather spend that $500-$600 on another pair of speaker monitors like the new Events! Ya I hear you about heat! But up here in northern Canada heat can be a good thing!

Later

Where, demag the monitor? How does one do that?

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by seclusion

About 2-3 months back, I picked up two Dell Ultrasharp 17" LCDs for $185 each w/ free shipping. Gotta watch the coupon sites but good deals come around every so often. Hell, the way the LCD prices are dropping, you might be able to do better than that by now. Anyway, they're decent monitors for the money if you can swing it. Also, they have an analog and a digital input; my dual-head video card has one digital and one analog out so this was a key feature for me. Didn't want mismatched video monitors on the desk.

Failing that, is there any way you can put your (audio) monitors on speaker stands to move their flux fields away from the video? Or maybe you can just re-orient the speakers a bit? Sometimes it doesn't take much movement to get it. If they're standing up now, putting the speakers on their sides might be enough to do the trick (or vice-versa).

Good luck!!!

Archived