Help me modify my SG!

diapsalmata

• Members

I just picked up an Epiphone Faded G-400 from the local music store, and i LOVE everything about this guitar ... except for the pickguard.

Does anyone know if swapping to a fullface SG standard pickguard will work? I'm well aware some new holes will have to be made, I just want to be absolutely positive that it'll fit like a glove.

Thanks!

• Members

one forumite had those three pickup epiphone sg customs. he decided to do it up with a full "batwing" pickguard so he could just have two pickups.

he pulled it off, i think some cutting around the bridge stud area had to be done on the guard, and probably additional holes for the pickguard...though, you could use double sided tape if you dont want additional holes drilled.

it might come up in the search function, or that poster would see this thread and chime in...

• Members

If it's an Epiphone, do what you like. If it was a Gibson, I'd say you were crazy. The small pg's on SG's that come with them usually make the guitar a bit more expensive. They are of the 61 and 62 type. I prefer the small pg's myself. Kind of like my preference for bikini's rather than a full bathing suit women used to wear in the 40's. I like to see more skin,...er wood grain.

• Members
I prefer the small pg's myself. Kind of like my preference for bikini's rather than a full bathing suit women used to wear in the 40's. I like to see more skin,...er wood grain.

Hahah, I like that.

sg61reis.jpg

sgs-hc.jpg

Does anyone find that they look better?
C'mon!
It makes the body look longer, leaner! And adds protection for when you're really takin' out the thrash.

Archived