NGD Pics!!! Daphne Blue Tele Content

voneville

• Members

I went to the guitar store looking for a Standard Strat, but they just didn't do it for me (which isn't surpsrising really, I'm not a huge strat fan. Damnit I need a guitar with a Trem that I can play sitting down).

The guitar store did have a Standard Tele in Agave Blue, and lord knows I love Agave Blue. I love the neck too. Not sure what I think of the pickups, I haven't had a chance to play it at home yet. I have to wait till my son goes to bed. I do have a set of older Fender Custom Shop Tele Texas Specials in my box of spares on stand by. Anyway, here is a pic, because NGD threads are worthless without them!

Edit: Turns out it's called Agave Blue, not Daphne. I feel like a dumbass, but I still love the color regardless :)

tele.jpg

• Members

That's very sweet looking guitar. It's a standard? I thought at first it was a Highway 1. I know what you mean about strats-still deciding whether I can bond with them or not. I just posted a poll regarding that or an LP, which I do seem to bond with. Anyway, congrats - I am sure when you drop in those Texas Specials, you will have a sweet player!

• Members
That's very sweet looking guitar. It's a standard? I thought at first it was a Highway 1. I know what you mean about strats-still deciding whether I can bond with them or not. I just posted a poll regarding that or an LP, which I do seem to bond with. Anyway, congrats - I am sure when you drop in those Texas Specials, you will have a sweet player!

I was considering an Epiphone Les Paul, the Tele was an impulse buy because it was Daphne Blue and 50 bucks cheaper then MF's price. :) I think I might build a Jazzmaster but with the Strat Trem and pickups, so I can have a strat that's not a "strat" :)

• Members

Yeah - it's a bummer that you had a hard time bonding with that SX ash strat. However, the Daphne Blue tele looks awesome!

• Members

Nice guitar.

But why can't you play a strat with a trem sitting down?

Oh I can, that's why I always think I want one. I have a Jay Turser Phantom with a Bigsby and that's my only guitar with a trem. I just can't bring myself to play a strat, I have a hang up about them that I can't seem to get over, even though I love the sound and feel of strats.

Archived