Oh no! I just order ANOTHER guitar - But the Gibson VMs are now down to $750 @ MF!

GAS Man

• Members

The had 2nds for under 600 this morning.

I got one of them...I think. I got an order confirmation, but still no shipping confirmation.

I think it was $574.74 or something like that. I hope the blem isn't anything bad, but if so, I'll just send it back.

• Members

Slightly OT:

What is MFs return shipping policy if you decide to return a blem?

Do they eat the cost or is this an inherant risk that comes along with the discount?

Does the policy differ with a return vs an exchange?

• Members

Gah!!!! I've been putting off getting one of these, as I JUST got me a G&L ASAT....I might just have to order one of these now.

Everything I've read on here about them seems to indicate they're pretty sweet. Burstbucker tone for relatively cheap...

Maybe some people who have em can throw in their 2 cents?

• Members

Yeah, I saw that but only after it was gone.

Right now they show that they still have one in stock, but when you open that page, it is missing the "add to cart" button. So I figure it must be actually sold out.

I thought about waiting for another blem to show up. That's been happening a lot during this "blem" sale of theirs - a model is in, it's out, it's in, it's out, etc - but then I got to worrying about whether I might receive on of those "baby rattle" units that folks have been talking about (and sending back).

Unfortunately they charge me WA state tax, but it's still works out to $813 which is better than the $867 it would have cost before this last $50 price drop.

Plus folks, a good chunk of the time, these models were selling for $999 so it's nice to see them getting more afforable.

• Members

Slightly OT:

What is MFs return shipping policy if you decide to return a blem?

Do they eat the cost or is this an inherant risk that comes along with the discount?

Does the policy differ with a return vs an exchange?

I'm not sure. That's another reason why I didn't wait for another blem to show up.

I've bought two blems from them in the past. Both turned out to be very good deals with really no real noticeable blems. But they did tell me on the phone that I would be stuck with return shipping costs if I rejected them because of the blem. BUT! You might be able to wiggle your way out of that and have them pay for the return shipping if you were able to argue that the blem was beyond what should reasonably be expected. Like for example, if you did get one that had loose wood chips rattling around in it, I'd think you'd be able to argue that that was beyond "blem".

• Members

I think I've read that if you return a blem item, you have to pay return shipping.

Of course, they describe the blems as minor things that don't effect the playability or tone of the instrument, so I guess if it's a bad enough blem, you could probably argue that the item isn't as described.

Don't know for sure. I figured I'd gamble the $25 or so return shipping.

• Members

I think I've read that if you return a blem item, you have to pay return shipping.

Of course, they describe the blems as minor things that don't effect the playability or tone of the instrument, so I guess if it's a bad enough blem, you could probably argue that the item isn't as described.

Don't know for sure. I figured I'd gamble the $25 or so return shipping.

You could always drop it out a second story window too. That should affect tone and/or playability (oops)

• Members

Everything I've read on here about them seems to indicate they're pretty sweet. Burstbucker tone for relatively cheap...

Yeah, that's exactly what drew me to them. That plus the fact that the worn brown with black plastics works for me.

I can't remember his "user ID", (maybe "Keith-??) but the one forumite here who has a caricature of Keith Richards for his avatar, has posted pics of his and it looks damn near gorgeous.

• Members

hope you get a good one Steve - I plinked around with one the other night at GC and was completely underwhelmed -- I thought the finish looked really cool, but it just didn't feel like that nice a guitar - I'm not a huge Gibson or Les Paul fan by any means, but it was not what I expected

I didn't plug it in, though -- the burstbuckers might have swayed me back the other way

• Members

So GAS Man, you bought one of the VM LP's too? I can't keep track of you any more!

Congrats.

Thanks! I guess. Now if I could only find a way to pay off these online merchant revolving charge accounts. :freak: Maybe if I quit buying! :idea:

:wave:

• Members

What's this baby rattle dealio you guys are talking about?

A couple posts had some comments about folks hearing possibly some wood chips rattling around possibly in the cavities or caught somewhere between the mahogany body base and cap on their VM LPs.

Archived