why are guitarists so "stuck in the past?"

jjpistols

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The you must have never given Zeppelin a chance. .

Yeah, as a guitarist I've never bothered listening to Led Zeppelin... :blah:

I just don't like them. They may play lots of different styles, but to me all their stuff sounds the same---pompous, boring, and just, well, ...meh.

FWIW, I don't like U2 either, but you can't really try and say that Sunday Bloody Sunday sounds anything like Beautiful Day. Well, perhaps it does, but no more than Kashmir sounds like Black Dog...

Sam

• Members

Yeah, as a guitarist I've never bothered listening to Led Zeppelin...
:blah:

I just don't like them. They may play lots of different styles, but to me all their stuff sounds the same---pompous, boring, and just, well, ...meh.

FWIW, I don't like U2 either, but you can't really try and say that Sunday Bloody Sunday sounds anything like Beautiful Day. Well, perhaps it does, but no more than Kashmir sounds like Black Dog...

Sam

Umm Kashmir and Black dog are very different. Kashmir is orchestral and in an arabian scale. Black Dog is in a blues scale. Kashmir has almost no guitar sounding guitar, Black Dog is compleatly guitar centered. Kashmir is a soft lofty, easy going song, Black Dog is an in your face rock song. Kashmir is in 6/4 time Dog has an ever changing time signature to keep bands from covering it.

In Beutiful Day you have a very dominatedrum part with some synth strings and some accent notes on guitar or another synth part, i cant tell. then it builds up from Bono sing-speaking to him singing, with the bass drumm holding the same beat. you also have the over dubing of some other bono parts with the guitar and bass entering playing more accents.

Sunday Bloody Sunday starts off once again with a dominate drum part. a guitar part comes in with waht sounds like backwards guitars accenting the vocals. the song then builds up and here comes some more bono overdubs.

also in both songs all the instraments are all playing with the same rythem

• Members

I think if Jimmy Page and The Edge got in a fight, it would be one of the most boring fights ever.

lol Jimmy would win because he sold his soul the the devil... or maby the edge would win and the devil would collect his due... man my brain hurts. :freak:

• Members

lol Jimmy would win because he sold his soul the the devil... or maby the edge would win and the devil would collect his due... man my brain hurts.
:freak:

you know how they say "there is no winner in a fight?"

I think in this case they're right

even the people watching would be losers

now Tom Jones vs. Phil Lynott -- that would have been a {censored}in fight!

Archived