some kid wants to buy my completely broken SG...whats it worth?

freakk guitarist

• Members

i have...or had a SG standard in natural burst. last year while playing a show at CBGBs i broke the neck off, right through the neck tennon and body. my luthier said it was pretty much non repairable due to where the break was and how complex the break is, and even if it was put together by some miracle it would never play right again nor really be stable enough for live use. now this kid wants to take it off my hands. how much should i ask for it? it has no pickups or tuners and has a hardshell case.

any thoughts?

• Members

i have...or had a SG standard in natural burst. last year while playing a show at CBGBs i broke the neck off, right through the neck tennon and body. my luthier said it was pretty much non repairable due to where the break was and how complex the break is, and even if it was put together by some miracle it would never play right again nor really be stable enough for live use. now this kid wants to take it off my hands. how much should i ask for it? it has no pickups or tuners and has a hardshell case.

any thoughts?

Didnt you have a pic' of that on here a while back? Throw it up on the "Bay" with a $200-300 reserve (without case) and see what happens.

• Members

so, you want to charge sombody for a worthless piece of crap cos of what is printed on the headstock?

:freak:

just give it to him. i would charge for the case.

I would keep the case and throw the pcs up on e-bay. You would be suprised how many people would bid on it. Alot of folks like bringing back guitars from the "dead". Prol' be doing the kid a favor by not giving it to him at all.

Archived