joey... have you ever been to a turkish prison?

guitarjedi33

• Members

i posted this awhile back with no real answer so i thought i'd throw it out there again.. i have a fender power strat with a fishman piezo bridge.. love the guitar but it is kinda a pain in the ass to turn the piezo down and turn the magnetics up vice/versa... i've seen these guitars with a three way switch installed later to toggle the pickups... anyone installed one of these? is this an easy mod? i want to install a mini toggle to change between the two or combine without all the volume adjusting....:confused:

• Members

I've never owned a guitar with that combination and I'm just an amateur solderer. But, in theory, assuming that the piezo and the magnetics both connect to the one output jack, then a simple switch between the piezo and output should work. You would just interrupt the circuit or complete it.

Hope this get's you a bump with more info.

• Members

The LR Baggs Control-X will do exactly what you need. It is a powered preamp/mixer that can be installed in your strat (actually, the supplied instruction explain rewiring a strat for it). One of the tones becomes a blend pot, and there is a three way switch to select piezo only/blended piezo and passives/passives only.

Its about $85 US from Stew Mac.

AJC

Archived