best stay-in-tune guitar

barrydazzle

• Members

Ever break a string on that Floyd? Bend a note on more than one string? Is it in tune then?

Well the Floyd is non recessed and the springs are tightened to where I can bend double stops all day long, so yea, you could say that.

• Members

Steinberger, I would have to say with none coming even close. Saw a video of the maker suspend the guitar between two chairs, stand on the neck and bounce, then pick it up and play it still in tune. But they are also dead ugly. SO its a give and take thing i guess.

Holy Crap, I need to get a Steinburger! Maybe paint EVH stripes on it! :rawk:

• Members

My 4 main guitars:

My cs legacy: graphite nut, trem springs setup very stiff, locking sperzels = Excellent tuning stability, even with dives....

my AC custom: Graphite nut, TOM bridge, grovers, and AN EXCELLENT setup job from Andrew (if he didnt live 5 hours away, I would have him setup all my stuff, he does great work :)).

my Gibson lp: stock gibson nut that has been properly filed and is lubed with graphite, excellent tuning stability

my Ibanez RG570, floyd rose, nothing more needs to be said, Floyds are incredible for keeping tuning.

My point is, a quality guitar, with a proper setup should hold tune very well, especially if you use good stringing technique:)

Archived