Rate my Rig!

Reuben

• Members

If you want I mean. Would love to hear what everyone thinks.

Firstly let me say that I have used this rig live on many occasions and the only problem I have ever had is the odd George L cable failure here and there and if anyone has any ideas on how to improve my setup, please go right ahead. I am always on the lookout for improvements.

Right, here we go.

These,

Axes.jpg

go into these

USPedalboard.jpg

And in turn go into these

Amps.jpg

So what you all think?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What am I rating it on?

How the pictures look? If it suits my tastes? The worth of the gear? I cant play the gear, so I guess I cant go on feel and tone.

If it works for you, I'll give it 10/10, because really, thats the only thing that matters.

• Members

Damn thats some nice gear you have there! Hows the Hughes and Kettner?

Much appreciated!

Clean channel is nice and crisp, chimy. Good defintion. Think Fender twin.

Dirty channel is warm and aggressive. Like a modded Marshall. Quite versatile and the reverb is pretty good too.

• Members

What am I rating it on?

How the pictures look? If it suits my tastes? The worth of the gear? I cant play the gear, so I guess I cant go on feel and tone.

If it works for you, I'll give it 10/10, because really, thats the only thing that matters.

Exactly. For me, it might be a 6/10, but as long as it's perfect for you, that's what matters.

• Members

What am I rating it on?

Apologies. Perhaps I should have been explained myself better.

It does suit my purposes but I am looking for is insights that I wouldn't have seen myself.

I am happy with my tone but I am always looking to add options to my sound.

I am hoping someone perhaps someone will give me a perspective or maybe even sees a flaw in my setup. Anything to improve it.

• Members

Apologies. Perhaps I should have been explained myself better.

It does suit my purposes but I am looking for is insights that I wouldn't have seen myself.

I am happy with my tone but I am always looking to add options to my sound.

I am hoping someone perhaps someone will give me a perspective or maybe even sees a flaw in my setup. Anything to improve it.

Have you considered adding a Tele to the rig?

Also, do your guitars each bring a different tone or feel to the table, or do some mainly serve as backups?

• Members

Have you considered adding a Tele to the rig?

Also, do your guitars each bring a different tone or feel to the table, or do some mainly serve as backups?

A tele is next on the list for me as a matter of fact.

My main 3 guitars are the Les Paul which has hotter pickups for a more rock ton, the 335 which is fuller and the PRS with a coil tap which is more modern sounding. The other 2 I use mostly in the studio.

Guitars, I feel I am pretty close to getting the tones I want. I might get an actual hollowbody as well in the future.

The thing is that, my setup started from a rock standpoint and now I am trying to get a more well rounded, versatile sound.

• Members

Okay, seriously. Looks like you're missing a fuzz. Whatsamattuhwityouuuu? Maybe fuzz ain't your bag, but that Crybaby... you can do better. Check out Orion Custom or Teese wahs. I don't know what kinda music you play, but both companies offer options to fit your style (say you're a high gain man, and need something voiced for it, then Teese has the Wizard wah, for example). Besides that, well, I'd steal your rig given the opportunity, no doubt.

• Members

Okay, seriously. Looks like you're missing a fuzz. Whatsamattuhwityouuuu? Maybe fuzz ain't your bag, but that Crybaby... you can do better. Check out Orion Custom or Teese wahs. I don't know what kinda music you play, but both companies offer options to fit your style (say you're a high gain man, and need something voiced for it, then Teese has the Wizard wah, for example). Besides that, well, I'd steal your rig given the opportunity, no doubt.

Thats what I am talking about.

What about an octave/fuzz pedal? and have you had a chance to check out the gig fx wah pedal?

Thanks for the suggestions!

PS, the wah is actually a Fasel Crybaby classic.

• Members

You need a Tele and a full-hollow. I'm rather partial to the PRS hollowbodys myself
:)

I have, shamefully, never actually tried a PRS hollowbody. I see you own one and I was wondering what you thought of it and how it compares with other semi hollows, like the 335.

• Members

I have, shamefully, never actually tried a PRS hollowbody. I see you own one and I was wondering what you thought of it and how it compares with other semi hollows, like the 335.

I think it's perfect, and it's really, really versatile with the piezo option.

Head's up: They're full-hollow, meaning it's a bit fuller bodied than a 335, but with the piezo you can get pretty close to that sound. It just can't get quite as bright.

One thing (among many) I LOVE about it is it's resistence to feedback. I can play at high volume, and unless I'm facing a cranked PA at close range, there's no feeback.

I know everyone here's sick of seeing it, but here's a pic or two:

PRS018.jpg

PRS016.jpg

PRS011.jpg

edit: Oh yeah, the action's at 3/64" at the 12th fret :thu:

• Members

Good selection of guitars.

IMO, you could add:

Gibson ES 175; L 4 or Tal Farlow;

Telecaster or Esquire;

Rickenbacker 660/12;

Gibson Les Paul Junior; Special or PRS McCarty Soapbar;

Danelectro Baritone;

Gretsch Sparkle Jet or Round Up;

Gretsch 6120;

McInturff Empress (S/S/H);

Chandler LectraSlide or National;

Adamas SMT & Ovation Elite 12 String on Gracie Stands going into an SWR California Blonde.

Do you need that many pedals?

• Members

Good selection of guitars.

IMO, you could add:

Gibson ES 175; L 4 or Tal Farlow;

Telecaster or Esquire;

Rickenbacker 660/12;

Gibson Les Paul Junior; Special or PRS McCarty Soapbar;

Danelectro Baritone;

Gretsch Sparkle Jet or Round Up;

Gretsch 6120;

McInturff Empress (S/S/H);

Chandler LectraSlide or National;

Adamas SMT & Ovation Elite 12 String on Gracie Stands going into an SWR California Blonde.

Do you need that many pedals?

Its funny you mention the 175. I almost picked it up instead of the 335.

The baritone is a great idea for me. I don't really have that sound in my setup.

These are some great suggestions. Thanks very much. I am cutting and pasting these into my book so I can look up dealers.

Pedals? I need more!

Seriously though, I am looking for a loop pedal with a stereo output so I can bypass all my pedals with one stomp.

Any ideas?

• Members

I think it's perfect, and it's really, really versatile with the piezo option.

Head's up: They're full-hollow, meaning it's a bit fuller bodied than a 335, but with the piezo you can get pretty close to that sound. It just can't get quite as bright.

One thing (among many) I LOVE about it is it's resistence to feedback. I can play at high volume, and unless I'm facing a cranked PA at close range, there's no feeback.

I know everyone here's sick of seeing it, but here's a pic or two:

PRS018.jpg
PRS016.jpg
PRS011.jpg

edit: Oh yeah, the action's at 3/64" at the 12th fret
:thu:

You've posted that picture a zillion times. Please stop as not everybody cares to see it.

Archived