Bob Dylan to be a radio DJ

Kendrix

• Moderators

In his book Chronicles Vol. 1 he mentions a lot of music I wouldn't think to associate with him. Frank Sinatra Jr., Bing Crosby, etc. I found that really refreshing as I made the assumption he would like this, this, and only a little of that.

He's got a great appreciation for music in general.

• Members

Thats wierd. He has one of the {censored}tiest on air personalities, I've witnessed.

Does he even have a voice left? The last time I saw him, he sounded like he was gargling drano.

Don't get me wrong I love him from an artistic standpoint, but he never has been a good interviewee. Of course, neither was Mike Wallace.

• Moderators

Originally posted by Jimbroni

Thats wierd. He has one of the {censored}tiest on air personalities, I've witnessed.

Does he even have a voice left? The last time I saw him, he sounded like he was gargling drano.

Don't get me wrong I love him from an artistic standpoint, but he never has been a good interviewee. Of course, neither was Mike Wallace.

Boy, you just put into words somethings I was feeling. Ya see...

My recent adoration of the man comes from his written word. Prior to me reading his latest book Chronicles, I figured the man brain dead. An early 70's casualty.

How could the man I saw on TV when he couldn't make sense out of an exit sign, be so poignant on paper?

Drunk? Drugged? I don't know. But I DO know I dig this guy's spirit and soul after reading that book and re-listening to his music.

DJ? I hope so...!?!?

• Members

So you guys didn't catch the PBS thing? I was impressed with his coherent interview that he gave throughout the whole program, very lucid as far as I could tell and he actually talks like a sorta-normal mid-western type guy with a sharp edge on the reality he had to deal with, a smart man, indeed.:eek:

I think it was called - "No Way Home"?:wave:

All-in-All, I think he just ran-out of stuff to do musically, IMHO, if they stay contracted to the music industry for "that" many years, it just runs-its-course, like Paul Mc Cartney, Neil Diamond, Elton John, or a dozen others from the not-so- distant past.

Remember Engerbert Humperdink? The guy probably made trillions for some big entertainment industry label before he just faded away......

Archived