Iommi and Mustaine Tonight! Heaven & Hell w/ Megadeth

curseoftruth

• Members

I've haven't been this psyched about a concert in a long time! Looking at my avatar, you can see who my favorite band is -- and I am not one these guys that says either Ozzy or Dio -- I like it all! I even like the Ian Gillan and Tony Martin era Sabbath (the Martin area stuff does rank lower than rest though.)

A little SG and Laney action from Iommi is always excellent. I saw this exact lineup (Iommi, Dio, Butler, and Appice) on the Mob rules tour in 1982! Now I'm taking my kid to the show to experience the greatest heavy rock band in history!

And one of my other favorite bands, Megadeth, opening for them, almost a perfect evening!

• Members

The show was excellent -- we skipped Machine Head (don't really like them, but hey, I'm an old dude).. Megadeth, good but not great -- was the third time I've seen them and easily my least favorite of the bunch.. I'm a huge Megadeth fan so it was a bit disappointing. Mainly because they had the usual opening band not being loud enough issue and they played two new songs that were good but not great. And they did a short set. Wake Up Dead, Hanger 18, and Holy Wars were the best songs they played, those all kicked ass.

Sabbath, great set and a really long show, like 2.5 hours. Dio sounded fantastic! For a 62 year old guy, he still has it. I'll try to get the set list here, but not in order at all (very out of order in fact, how about by album):

Heaven and Hell

Neon Knights

Die Young

Lady Evil

Children of the Sea

E5150 (before After All)

Mob Rules

Sign of the Southern Cross

Falling off the Edge of the World

Voodoo

I

Computer God

After All

The Devil Cried

Shadow of the Wind

Vinnie Drum Solo

Tony Guitar Solo

Great stage show, cool set and the lights were awesome. They extended Heaven and Hell (like on Live Evil) into like a 10 minute long song with a long Iommi solo in it as well. Geezer, sounded amazing but he is well, a geezer now! Not nearly as much movement around the stage as even on the reunion tour with Ozzy a few years ago. His playing was still top notch, but he seemed tired.

Iommi played two guitars -- his old beat up SG (it's not a Gibson) and a white SG Custom.

Geezer played a Lakeland P-Bass most of the time. He switched once but I couldn't tell the make.

Go see it, you will not be disappointed.

• Members

I wanted to add that Iommi had some really good tone tonight as well. When I last saw Sabbath on Ozzfest, he had a big fuzzy tone and really heavy sounding -- super cool but not what I expected, almost over powering the rest of the band. Much crisper tonight and almost bluesy at times. He even did a little call and response with Dio that was kind of cool. They had some improv parts going on in a couple of the songs which was interesting and being an Iommi fan I dug it, but honestly -- I don't much care for that from any band unless I am going to see the Allmans and I expect it. My wife thought those parts ere a bit boring.

When they finished the encore, Vinnie was standing at the front of the stage waving to people and Tony came up from behind and pushed him! Almost off the stage, was pretty damn funny. Vinnie, Dio, and Tony all seemed to really be into it and having a great time and interacted with each other on the stage -- Geezer seemed tired as I mentioned and a little distanced.

And the other guitar player from Megadeth -- he played a black and gold Dean Cadillac on a couple of tunes and it sounded incredible. My GAS went up for one of those massively after seeing that!

• Members

Awesome. I went to the show in LA and it was great. I took some pics and made a picstory for this site so check it out. I mean you did go to the show but if you didn't take some pics and want to keep some then you can use my crappy ones haha. I was so far away from the stage to get close ups but I got some cool lighting shots.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1614525&highlight=heaven+hell

• Members

Awesome. I went to the show in LA and it was great. I took some pics and made a picstory for this site so check it out. I mean you did go to the show but if you didn't take some pics and want to keep some then you can use my crappy ones haha. I was so far away from the stage to get close ups but I got some cool lighting shots.

Nice job! I took a bunch of pix and shot some video with my camera phone, but its not good quality.

Of my top favorite bands, I've been lucky enough to see four of then within the past year -- Tool, Alice in Chains, Megadeth, and Black Sabbath. Won't ever get a chance to see Kyuss. Iron Maiden skipped Dallas the last two tours but I did catch them in 1982 and in 2003. Probably won't see Pink Floyd again (seen them twice) and A Place of Skulls never tours in our neck of the woods. Metallica is in there but they were not very good last time, but I've seen them probably 6-7 times now (twice with Cliff in the old days). Been a great year for concerts!

• Members

I was so happy the heaven and hell tour formed. I saw Judas Priest during the Angel of Retribution Tour with Queensryche (another band I like) about 2 or 3 years ago. It was my first concert and it actually got me into rock and metal. I never really listened to much music before and that got me going and I haven't slowed down a bit. Since then I went to see Dream Theater, Iron Maiden (amazing!), and now Heaven and Hell which is my favorite Black Sabbath line up.

I really want to see Tool in concert. They were at Staples Center in LA this year and if I joined a school program earlier I could have met a guy there that gets box seats at Staples and actually went to the show. I've always liked AIC but I dont know how they are w.o Layne. Would love to see Pink Floyd but that's not gunna happen lol. Metallica would be cool only if they play older songs and their new cd is good. Right now I really really want to see Opeth live. However, my #1 band I want to see live is Deep Purple but sadly it won't be with Ritche Blackmore.

• Members
The show was excellent -- we skipped Machine Head (don't really like them, but hey, I'm an old dude).. Megadeth, good but not great -- was the third time I've seen them and easily my least favorite of the bunch.. I'm a huge Megadeth fan so it was a bit disappointing. Mainly because they had the usual opening band not being loud enough issue and they played two new songs that were good but not great. And they did a short set. Wake Up Dead, Hanger 18, and Holy Wars were the best songs they played, those all kicked ass.

Sabbath, great set and a really long show, like 2.5 hours. Dio sounded fantastic! For a 62 year old guy, he still has it. I'll try to get the set list here, but not in order at all (very out of order in fact, how about by album):

Heaven and Hell

Neon Knights

Die Young

Lady Evil

Children of the Sea

E5150 (before After All)

Mob Rules

Sign of the Southern Cross

Falling off the Edge of the World

Voodoo

I

Computer God

After All

The Devil Cried

Shadow of the Wind

Vinnie Drum Solo

Tony Guitar Solo

Great stage show, cool set and the lights were awesome. They extended Heaven and Hell (like on Live Evil) into like a 10 minute long song with a long Iommi solo in it as well. Geezer, sounded amazing but he is well, a geezer now! Not nearly as much movement around the stage as even on the reunion tour with Ozzy a few years ago. His playing was still top notch, but he seemed tired.

Iommi played two guitars -- his old beat up SG (it's not a Gibson) and a white SG Custom.

Geezer played a Lakeland P-Bass most of the time. He switched once but I couldn't tell the make.

Go see it, you will not be disappointed.

You lucky bastard! I wanted to go so bad, but I don't have a car and none of my friends wanted to go all the way out to Grand Prairie to see "some 80's metal band". :mad: :mad: :mad: But I'm glad you had fun anyway. :thu:

Archived