Can't put my new Tele's down !

strat6866

• Members

I've been playing strats for 25 years now, tried LP's and PRS and neither was for me. I never even tried a Tele until about 2 months ago and have since purchased 2.

Now i cant put them down, WTF....all my strats are being neglected.

Is this normal? I feel terrible.

• Members

I know. I'm playing a gig with the band that played my wedding, and we're doing a bunch of classic pop and rock (Van Morrison, Eagles, Buffet, etc), and of my 3 strats, 1 tele, and one Les Paul, I think I'm taking the Tele and the P-90 strat! I may need a regular Strat for Pride and Joy, but honestly, I think I could do every other song with the either the Tele or the P90s.

I've been playing strats for 25 years now, tried LP's and PRS and neither was for me. I never even tried a Tele until about 2 months ago and have since purchased 2.

This is odd especially since you ID is strat6866... :p

• Members

It's perfectly normal...you'll get back to your Strats eventually, but enjoy the honeymoon!

I want your avatar, btw...in the biblical sense.

It does feel like a honeymoon, but i feel a little guilty.

.....and feel free to look (at the avatar) but dont touch.

• Members

It does feel like a honeymoon, but i feel a little guilty.

I am the same way -- only started 6 months ago with teles (SX - then a Squier Affinity -- then a Fernandes -- and havign a custom built as we speak) .. but they are different from Strats feel wise -- and I ALWAYS come back to the tele for gigs. I have a strat and a tele and try to split the night... but the strats always win out.

• Members

Totally normal. I was a strat guy all the way until I got my tele - I've never looked back.

This is what i am afraid of. But it is good to see that you still own some strats. I dont think i am going to have a yard sale just yet.

• Members

It's normal. Teles have a certain way of sucking you in...at least for me. I tend to find strats kinda "bleh" now.

• Members

Same damn thing happened to me... now I've been pondering about selling my Strats and buying more Teles. Trying to resist, though. :mad:

• Members

You think it's bad now, wait 'til you stupidly get rid of your Tele for something else. When you finally come to your senses and get another one, you'll be obsessed forever, and promise yourself daily that you'll never be without one again. True story, true story.

• Moderators
You think it's bad now, wait 'til you stupidly get rid of your Tele for something else. When you finally come to your senses and get another one, you'll be obsessed forever, and promise yourself daily that you'll never be without one again. True story, true story.

Ouch.

The only guitar I have that I can't possibly imagine trading/selling is my Tele! :love:

• Members

Tele's are an addiction. I bought my first Tele when I was 14 (and I'm 28 know), an Electra copy with a mahogany body and maple neck. The pickups really sucked in it, but it played awesome. I've owned at least one Tele ever since. I've had other non tele guitars, but I always find myself picking up the Tele. I really needed a guitar with buckers for my punk band, so when Squier put out the HH I was in heaven. I've only got 3 tele's now. A standard, a HH, and a P90 with Bigsby. I find myself gassing for a strat every now and then, but whenever I play one I always find myself prefering the Tele.

I really want a tele with a Strat trem and strat pups though. I really prefer the Tele body shop to the Strat. The strat is just too ergonomic for me.

• Members
Same damn thing happened to me... now I've been pondering about selling my Strats and buying more Teles. Trying to resist, though.
:mad:

I havent gotten to that point yet and i hope i never do. But i own 2 teles now and for some crazy reason want more now......it's like crack or something.

• Members
That is exactly why i started this thread. At what point do i get a new ID?

I wouldn't worry, I've been MetalheadUK forever, and I bet that less than 25% of the stuff I do is generally "metal"

But I can't be Arsed changing my name to "Punkhead" or "Blueshead" or whatever, and "Abitofeverythinghead" doesn't really work.:thu:

Archived