Have you ever given one of your guitars away?

Jokoker

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Never regret giving anything away. Jesus, the Son of the Living God, said, " It is better to give than to receive". He didn't say that it was better to give if you were a Christian. When we give, we are imitating our creator who gave us everything.

Even if you don't believe in Jesus, giving will bless you. I'm not saying that you will get things if you give, but that your soul will be blessed if you give. I know that if you have ever truly given anything away that you have felt it.

+1 :thu:

• Members
Man, the Lord better not tell me to give away any of my guitars!
:mad:

Well, there's a second part to that story. A couple of weeks later, I was given a Korg Trinity Synth, which was easily worth as much or more than the guitar. So, God blessed me when I listened to Him. He didn't have to, but I'm sure glad He did!

Plus, nothing beats the satisfaction of giving something to someone who needs it. Good times...:thu:

• Members

Guitars come and go.

I gave away a mexican Squier strat (1991 version) and a Hamer Duotone (import version) to a guy a student of mine who was learning about wiring pickups and guitars. He was homeless and I thought he could turn around and sell them after experimenting on them. I couldn't bear the thought of his 4 year old daughter and new born baby living out of an old Plymouth, not to mention his wife.

I gave an old Epiphone SG (1990 version) to a friend who wanted to play but had nothing to his name. I already had a couple of other beater guitars. I also gave him an old Peavey amp.

I gave a 1984? Squier Bullet to another student a couple of years ago. He was starting to come out of the whole heavy metal phase and only had a B.C. rich V to play on.

And I gave a Charvette bass to a korean kid at a church who really was putting himself into the lessons, but had nothing to practice on. It was beat up, but I tried to set it up for him...

All in all, I don't really miss any of these guitars, except maybe the Bullet. I do feel like they had their time and space and were fun to play. I hope that someone is still enjoying them now.

Z

• Members

I've never sold a guitar (a few amps I deeply regret, but that's for another thread). I did give my nephew my heritage cherry epi Les Paul standard a few years ago. He thought that was really cool, and I had discovered I wasn't a Les Paul guy.

Of course, his dad had given me an old Gibson and a Twin Reverb 30+ years ago, so I guess I still haven't made up for that yet.

• Members

i gave an old friend an acoustic i had laying around. he had an addiction issue and his girl died because of it. i wanted him to have something to play. i let my brother take my ovation viper, he broke the neck, i fixed it and gave it away. seems like i gave another away, an acoustic, can't remember...i had a few cheap ones that just sat there.

• Members

I've never given any away - I have 19 of them. My friend plays a Mexican Strat and he's thinking about putting a SD Hotrails in the bridge. I told him he could borrow my American Strat with the Hotrail for a few days so he could see if he likes the sounds. I'll lend them but not give them (at least not until I get older).

• Members

I gave my little brother a 1974 Guild S-100 with the case that was in decent playing shape. He played it daily for about a dozen years and took it on tour twice. It is the most relic-ass looking thing ever, now. Needs a fretjob and it's ready for 35 more years and it STILL smokes.
I never shoulda given him that guitar (sniff)

• Members

A Squier strat to a noob and several of mine have passed through my hands to the kids - but that doesn't count since I still get to play them.

Oh, and I did give a Schecter to my neighbor's kid (mostly cuz I don't like my neighbor and the kid constantly shreds at 11....:-)

• Members

I actually own 6 guitars but only list 3 in my sig that I use. MY 1965 Fender Jag is a closet resident and is safer that way. Ive given my bass player my Jackson DXMG for use when writing(going on two years) my old MIM Strat is with my sister as she's a beginner and the MIM was the easiest of play for her(almost 4 years) and honestly they are as good as theirs as long as they stay in their possesions and Not for sale. No big deal really.

• Members

A lady in our church who recently moved into the area was widowed and was basically starting her life over. She said she played but did not have a guitar so I gave her an acoustic-electric I had laying around here that I don't use anymore.

I own a small guitar store and I give stuff to local schools occasionally for fund raisers (auctions) and the such. It never generates any business that I know of, but I don't feel guilty not volunteering to man hot dog stands in the fall if I give something like a guitar and amp to the athletic boosters!!! (My kid plays football)

:thu:

• Members

When I was in high school a gave my buddy my first guitar, a Vantage dread. Since then I've given my little brother some gear....a Johnson acoustic, Squier strat pack, Yamaha Pacifica 921 (best player I've ever had), and a Vox AD30VT. My collection at home is getting a bit thick again, so it may be time to make someone's day again.

• Members

I gave an acoustic to my Dad to noodle around with.

i did the same, a cheapo Johnson Acoustic that was given to me for the price of shipping from forumite Nevermind. Thanks again dude !!!

Gave it to my Dad so he could start learning. Gave him an Acoustic case and tuner too...

Played that guitar again on Mother's Day. It's really a great sounding guitar, although it doesn't play like the Takamine I replaced it with...

Archived