• Gibson-scale bolt-on

• Neck-through semi-hollow

• Rosewood neck with maple fingerboard

• Quilted-maple fingerboard

• Floyd Rose with single coil pickups

• Rickenbacker with a Duncan Distortion in the neck position

• Birds-eye maple carved top

• Ibanez RG with filtertron pickups

I have several Schecter C1's that are 25.5 and set neck, one of em is neck thru.

Squier back in the 80s made an MIJ super strat with a 24.75" scale neck, and you can order one from Warmoth today.

Fender also made an S/S/S HRR Floyd Strat in the 90s.

• Members

Floyd Rose with single coil pickups

There are lots & lots of Floyded HSS & HSH guitars out there, you can always split the coils on the bridge pup if you like. Probably the reason you don't see a lot of SSS Floyded guitars is that the Floyd makes the guitar sound thinner and brighter so you really don't need the bite of a single coil at the bridge to achieve that sort of sound (and it might be a bit much).

• Members

I didn't say it wasn't cool, I'd take it. But come on fellas, you gotta admit it's kinda ghey.

Actually it absolutely {censored}ing rocks! The only thing that would be better is if the leopard were done in metal flake. :D

• Members

Wow, thanks for the replies. I suppose every combination has been tried at least once! Except for maybe the Rickenbacker/Duncan Distortion.

Yea, that's just retarded, and I mean that in the literal sense, not the learning impaired sense.

• Members

Yea, that's just retarded, and I mean that in the literal sense, not the learning impaired sense.

But what if that combination has the ultimate nu-metal tone, and nobody's had the balls to even try it?

Archived