Early Yngwie - a masterpiece performance!

Cold Gin

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I was talking about people on this site listing him as an influence. But many of the new bands interviewed in guitar magazines list him as an influence as well. Also, there have been more then a few threads related to him and I was suprised at the amount of love shown for the guy. I like him as well but I just never realized so many people felt the same, if it wasn't for this place you would never know that.

No man you are not alone to like Yngwie, Yngwie still attracts thousands of people on his shows all over the world. It is also true that a lot of new bands and guitarists list Yngwie as an influence, particularily in Europe. The only problem is that most guitar forums and magazines have been hijacked by envious punk/blues/ska/indie/pop/retro/country fans that will never be able to ROCK like Him and therefore they do anything to demonize him and his character. It's pure hate and envy. It's sad really :o

• Members
No man you are not alone to like Yngwie, Yngwie still attracts thousands of people on his shows all over the world. It is also true that a lot of new bands and guitarists list Yngwie as an influence, particularily in Europe. The only problem is that most guitar forums and magazines have been hijacked by envious punk/blues/ska/indie/pop/retro/country fans that will never be able to ROCK like Him and therefore they do anything to demonize him and his character. It's pure hate and envy. It's sad really
:o

This is really a brilliant and subtle troll, and I salute you. :wave:

• Members
No man you are not alone to like Yngwie, Yngwie still attracts thousands of people on his shows all over the world. It is also true that a lot of new bands and guitarists list Yngwie as an influence, particularily in Europe. The only problem is that most guitar forums and magazines have been hijacked by envious punk/blues/ska/indie/pop/retro/country fans that will never be able to ROCK like Him and therefore they do anything to demonize him and his character. It's pure hate and envy. It's sad really
:o

Read more carefully.

• Members
That's rock 'n' roll maan.
:thu:
Why the sarcasm..I mean what has that got to do with Yngwie's undisputable musical talent, virtuosity and creativity?

Talent? Dweedldy, dweedldy, dweedldy. Too much! He is skilled at bpm but can't speak the language of nuance. He just plays as many notes as he can as fast as he can. I don't get any pleasure listening to his tedious wanking.

• Members

Ok I had asked this in other threads as guitar virtuoso music is relatively new to me. I just read thru all 5 pages but not a single one of you guys posted why yngwie has a "huge ego". I just dont see it. Theres no stories of him storming off stage like axl rose or spitting in the face of an interviewer like johnny lydon. I cant find ANY. So where exactly does this whole ego claim come from? As far as I can tell its baseless unless someone else can prove otherwise.

The biggest thing this thread points out, is why the united states is considered by all metal and guitar bands as the WORST place to tour in the world. We're too dominated by pop culture marketting. We'll throw money in droves at people who huge marketting firms to get their band on "the oc" or get them a walk on cameo on "house md". But we tend not to support bands that are just skilled. especially rock and metal bands.

Japan, scandinavia, and eurpoe all lead the world in rock concerts for a reason. bands make more there than they do in the us. next time vai or tony macalpine go on tour take a look at their tour dates.

As far as I can tell among guitar snobs most of it is jealousy.

As far as my influences, they change. Id say SRV got me to pick up the guitar initially but who keeps me practicing and who Do I listen to most these days?

1) Vai
2) Guthrie Govan
3) Paul Gilbert
4) Shawn Lane
5) Tony Macalpine
6) Yngwie Malmsteen
7) Dave Weiner
8) Steve Morse
9) Alan Holdsworth
10) John Petrucci
11) Dimebag
12) Marty Friedman
13) Jason Becker
14) George Lynch
15) Joe Satriani

Guitar Virtuoso music, fusion, and prog are my favorite styles of music. I like yngwie, buying his concerto suite for guitar orchestra in e flat minor with the new japan philharmonic was one of the best dvd's ive ever bought.

• Members

Ok I had asked this in other threads as guitar virtuoso music is relatively new to me. I just read thru all 5 pages but not a single one of you guys posted why yngwie has a "huge ego". I just dont see it. Theres no stories of him storming off stage like axl rose or spitting in the face of an interviewer like johnny lydon. I cant find ANY. So where exactly does this whole ego claim come from? As far as I can tell its baseless unless someone else can prove otherwise.

I have an audio bootleg of Yngwie Malmsteen throwing a guitar at the drummer, thus ending the show.

But you are right when mentioning Rose and his tantrums. I haven't heard about Malmsteen simply leaving right in the middle of a concert for no reason, like Blackmore tended to do. I haven't heard about Malmsteen being too drunk to play, like Roy Buchanan sometimes did.

The ego thing has probably something to do with his interviews, where he's always brutally honest or playful. Humour doesn't always make its way into print, so a lot of the stuff Malmsteen says isn't meant to be taken literally.

Sure, he has an ego, but he's also a guy who's made it his trademark to give it 1000% at every show. He performs insanely difficult instrumental pieces while running around on stage, throwing his guitar around his body and kicking picks into the audience. He does this every night at every tour, while most armchair critics wouldn't be able to play his stuff in the comforting surroundings of their own homes.

Yngwie Malmsteen talentless? Gimme a {censored}ing break.

Archived