Looking for a Delay pedal with a good slapback echo.

burton4snow

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

all the above listed are great. also check out the ibanez tonelok de-7. can be found at many guitar shops and does a great tape delay impression. you could spend anywhere from 40 to 400 dollars (or more) on a good delay pedal. i only use it enough to warrant paying around 60 bucks... i pretty much only use it for rockabilly sounds.

Tim

• Members

Looking for rockabilly tones. Is Danelelctro Real TapeDelay a good one. Will Boss give me this tone.

No. The Boss DD's are digital delays. While they're good at what they do rockabilly slapback isn't something they do well.

The DanElectro Real Echo does a very good simulation of a tape echo and early analog delays. I've only had a chance to hear one briefly in a local store so I can't give an in-depth review on it.

The DanEcho is also good for slapback although you have to make sure that you set it to emulate analog (aka Hi-cut). When I borrowed one from a friend a while back I thought it sounded too digital but that was my mistake.

The Ibanez DE7 is as good as the DanEcho, IMO, and is about $20 cheaper, probably due to a less flashy case. The Ibanez AD9 is very good for slapback but it's more expensive.

Archived