Man this hippies are really rockin... Orange and SG Content

voneville

• Members

Without a doubt Terry Kath was a mean machine on the guitar,sadly most people have never heard of him and he should be ranked as one of the best.
Thanks for posting that,I haven't listened to Chicago for a long time but I do remember when they did kick ass!!

• Members

Thanks for posting. I've always thought that Terry Kath was one of the greatest and most under-recognized guitarists in rock. Check out his playing on the first two Chicago albums - especially a song called South California Purple. While he was alive I kept hoping that he would release a more guitar-centered solo album without the horns. I guess this video is as close as we'll get, with all the horn players playing percussion.

• Members

Kath's playing and singing were just phenominal. I prefer the songs where he was the featured guy over Cetera. I have a bunch of the early stuff on vinyl, I think I need to go get a couple of CDs today!

Kath was another guitarist that was admired by Hendrix. That should be all we need to know

Terry Kath and Eddie Hazel were two of the greats who dont get the recognition they deserve.

• Members

I remember listening to them on my parents records when I was a kid. I always wondered why Kath never got his due. Chicago was a great band and I don't want to take anything away from them, but had Kath played in a more traditional rock type band that showcased his talents instead of the talents of an ensemble (which says even more about his playing really) he probably would be more today. He had some amazing speed on the fretboard for his time!

Archived