A lespaul is to a strat what an SG is to a tele.

Saturday

• Members

Other way round, according to my Les Paul-playing buddy. "The Tele is Fender's Les Paul," he says, "and a Strat is Fender's SG." Maybe it's because the Tele is his Fender of choice.

• Members

I find a lot of les paul guys like the tele - single cutaway, fixed bridge, no contours, that means they are not too far from their comfort zones. It worked for me.

Equally, the SG has a light comfy body, the strat is famously comfy.

I dont know really, only that I get on well with tele's, LP's and SG's, but have not found a strat I would want to play/own.

• Members

Well, going by the history, the Tele & Lester came out at around the same time, and the Strat came out a little later, and then SG came out a bit later than that. So I'd say the SG & Strat are a little more analogous. However I think the Les Paul and the Telecaster are the two absolutely most archetypal Electric Guitars that the world has ever seen.

• Members

Other way round, according to my Les Paul-playing buddy. "The Tele is Fender's Les Paul," he says, "and a Strat is Fender's SG." Maybe it's because the Tele is his Fender of choice.

Trut. Sort of.

Look at the history as well. Which guitar came out when and why...:wave:

Tele 50 (Broadcaster)

LP 52

Strat 54

SG 61

So, the LP is Gibson's answer to the Tele, and the SG is Gibson's answer to the Strat, more likely.

• Members

I think the LP and Tele are more similar. They came out around the same time, bodies are more similar, etc. Then came the strat, double cut body, countours (i.e., sweet curves) and all. Then came the SG.

• Members

I think the reason why is because strats are seen as the iconic fender...think fener, think strat and the same goes for Les pauls for gibson...think of a gibson guitar you think of a les paul. so for this reason if you ask a strat player what gibson they like they will say fender. teles and sg's are also the bothe the sought next in line after strats and lespauls the second guitars that would come to mind. but i dont think it is true of tele players prfering sg's because tele's are asociated with blues and sg's are more up ther with rock and metal

Archived