New build.

thrill74

• Members

I had this idea for a good utility strat and called up Steve Benford to make it happen. It's coming along pretty quick and should be here before too long. Strats are so cool:thu:

I forgot the specs!

Ash body in sunburst

Rosewood fretboard on Maple neck

2 MM hot rails for neck and middle

1 Searcy Bolero for the bridge, with a coil split and on/off switch

1 volume, 1 5-way

US 2 point strat bridge with locking Grovers

Black hardware

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Got it today...DEFINITELY on par with my US Deluxe! Plays great, feels great, the sound...the Mighty Mite's are good. They work as advertised and sound fine. The Searcy? Van Halen 1 is all I can say. Well, a mix between VH1 and 2. Split, it sounds very strat like. Very nice! Steve has made a fantastic guitar and my hat goes off to him. I'll get some pics up when I get home in the morning.

• Members

Oh yeah Mojo! The Bolero is one of those pickups that is great no matter where it's set really...yeah, one of them ;) Split, lowered, raised, it doesn't matter. It's all usable, like a constant sweet spot. I just took some pics and the wife will upload them by tonight!

• Members

Very Sweet:thu: I'm building something similar only with a FR and a Hot Rail in the neck and Custom Custom in the bridge.

P

That was my initial spec for this build! Awesome choice for pickups! :thu: The Custom Custom is one of my favorites by far. The Bolero is similar but with a little more highs. Not twang so much, just that upper sparkle. I will stay tuned to see your build bro!

Archived