Help Identifying Guitar "SCORPION"

macnut

• Members

Am trying to find out more information about this guitar. Web site I found it from, labled it as a "scorpion" but my email inquiries to them were ignored. Google search also turned futile. More info and link to buy would be greatly appreciated!

Scorpion.jpg

Thanks guys.

Jason

• Members

Well I found a little more info about the guitar. It's a copy of the ESP TriRyche guitar (pictured below). Not much else info out there. The copy is MIK. The guy finally emailed me back and the guitar is on its way! If anyone is interested (I know a lot of people here don't like sharp pointy things :)) I'll take some pics when I get it.

Thanks all.

triryche.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by macnut

Well I found a little more info about the guitar. It's a copy of the ESP TriRyche guitar (pictured below). Not much else info out there. The copy is MIK. The guy finally emailed me back and the guitar is on its way! If anyone is interested (I know a lot of people here don't like sharp pointy things
:)
) I'll take some pics when I get it.

Thanks all.

triryche.jpg

I would hate to be the guitarist or bass player that has to stand next to anyone playing this axe.This looks deadly,man a guy could lose an eye,or worse!:eek:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Thanks for the reply. As I am hitting this topic kind of late in the game I couldn't find any more info on Google or didn't see anything on EBay present or history. I also didn't see any info on espguitars.com So I guess I have to be patient now.... This would make a nice piece of art on a wall. I would love to have one made out of a solid piece of walnut. Does anyone have one? How does it play? If they are cheap, I guess the answer would be don't expect much? The electronics look simple enough with a high gain pup with just a volume.

• Members

I've seen those on Ebay as well.
This guy
usually has them and some other.... uhhh... interesting guitars.

I seem to remember that they were pretty cheap. probably MIC.

Thank you, I left him a msg, will see if he replies. Cheap meaning 100 bills?, 200?, more? Can you give me a ballpark? MIC? =MIK? brand?

Looks like a type of Guitar BC Rich should have made ;)

I haven't done wood carving before, but this would motivate me to get into it. :D

• Members

Thank you, I left him a msg, will see if he replies. Cheap meaning 100 bills?, 200?, more? Can you give me a ballpark? MIC? =MIK? brand?

Looks like a type of Guitar BC Rich should have made
;)

I haven't done wood carving before, but this would motivate me to get into it.
:D

I seem to remember that they were between $100 and $200. MIC = Made in China. I'm just guessing at the country of origin, though.

• Members

I seem to remember that they were between $100 and $200. MIC = Made in China. I'm just guessing at the country of origin, though.

That would be worth buying it as a template and then make your own custom out of solid piece of walnut and a blank neck from Carvin with an ebony fretboard and a matching one a little oversize into a 5 string bass.

What would be the best pup to give it a sweet sustain and even harmonics?

I love unique guitars... :thu:

"Guitars is the best art to hang on a wall"

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Did ESP make a limited series, or a one off for the band? Does anyone know the full story behind it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was given one like the one in the top pic today. It has no strings on it..It has a floyd rose..But the locking top nut is missing.I may just use the floyd rose bridge and put a regular nut on it and use it to mess with around the house..it is kinda cheap feeling..but, it was free

Archived