Can Warmoth make this neck?

IanCurtisSwings

• Members

Here is what I want in a neck:

- maple fretboard on maple neck

- strat-style headstock

- routed for locking nut (floyd rose style)

- jumbo frets

- heel cut to Jackson dinky specs

- nitro finished

What I'm most concerned about is the strat style headstock with a heel for a jackson.

Anyone know if they can, and will, do this?

thanks@

• Members

They only do Fender heels, as do all the third-party parts makers I have seen.

They only do Poly finish, USACG also only does Poly. Musikraft will do Nitro.

The rest is a piece o'cake. My guess is the lack of Jackson heel (not sure how that differs from Fender) renders the rest moot.

• Members

I'm pretty sure they can. Maple/maple is standard affair (infact, their cheapest build), strat headstocks are extremely common, a locking nut as well, jumbo frets is definitely one of their options, I do believe nitro is one of their finishes, all that's left is the heel cut for a dinky. It would probably fit just fine, but it wouldn't hurt to check with them. If nothing else, a little fitting and shimming would be in order.

That said, I personally don't trust Warmoth all too much. Their quality, yes, their customer service, a little less so.

• Members

Care to explain why? I haven't had any problems with them, but I haven't dealt with them for about 6 or 7 years.

They just got very snippy with me when I contacted them about a custom job I was working on. I was going to construct a guitar from parts as my senior project, basically, assemble it, wire it, set it up. My project wasn't about building a guitar, it was about wiring and set-up, repair stuff, but I figured what's more of a repair job than a guitar in parts, right? I figured, buy the neck, buy the body, buy the parts, I'll paint it, wire it, put all the parts together, give it a setup, bang.

I told them what I wanted and they were a little rude about various things, but forgivable. Eventually he asked what my "goul" was with the guitar as a whole. I told him and asked some other final questions, and he said "we're not gonna build the damn thing FOR you" and didn't answer any of my other questions. I'll never buy from them after that.

Archived