Remember back when Strats ...

Gravity

• Members

I remember when they were MIA only.

Not with MIM or MIJ or whatever.

Yeah,...they had other names but, no licensed "by Fender"

Yeah, I bought my first strat back in the 70's. Back then if you bought a new strat there was just one strat, and it had a big ass headstock, a wobbly three bolt neck, it weighed ten pounds, it sounded like crap and we liked it!

• Members

Ya, it def' is crazy out of hand these days with all the models offered. I look at it this way. There is the Eric Johnson strat and then all the other strats. The EJ is the ultimate / end all strat for me really. I stopped playing them in stores actually. I don't need one and playing them just makes me want to pull out the credit card.

• Members

I will typically only purchase Made in the U.S.A. stuff. Gibson Les Paul Standard, and a Fender American Standard Strat, only guitar I have that is MIK is my Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul, which was the exception to the rule (and still bugs me that it's made over seas... I blame my dad for putting me in that mindset..heh)

• Members

I will typically only purchase Made in the U.S.A. stuff. Gibson Les Paul Standard, and a Fender American Standard Strat, only guitar I have that is MIK is my Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul, which was the exception to the rule (and still bugs me that it's made over seas... I blame my dad for putting me in that mindset..heh)

Well for the most part you really can not go wrong with USA guitars.

I like MIA and MIJ guitars the most. Japan makes some really nice guitars. Some of their in-country only stuff would blow you away, it's that good.

• Members

Ya, it def' is crazy out of hand these days with all the models offered. I look at it this way. There is the Eric Johnson strat and then all the other strats. The EJ is the ultimate / end all strat for me really. I stopped playing them in stores actually. I don't need one and playing them just makes me want to pull out the credit card.

note to self: try an EJ strat at next oppertunity

• Members
Yeah, I bought my first strat back in the 70's. Back then if you bought a new strat there was just one strat, and it had a big ass headstock, a wobbly three bolt neck, it weighed ten pounds, it sounded like crap and we liked it!

Damn Kids!............Get off my lawn! ;)

• Members

Hey, I was thinking about buying one. Stop increasing my gas :mad:

Some people are so inconsiderate in their posts :o

• Members

Well for the most part you really can not go wrong with USA guitars.

I like MIA and MIJ guitars the most. Japan makes some really nice guitars. Some of their in-country only stuff would blow you away, it's that good.

+1

Archived