Funny (odd) thing overheard in GC today.

Treborklow

• Members

Hourly vs. Comission payscale. I think. Could be wrong.

If he is pushing this amp to this type of player, he's prolly getting a spiff. Marshall uses this type of incentive for their salespeople. Maybe Epiphone has done the same?

GC doesn't do dealer spiffs, they have monthly in house promotions like "sell the most Duncan pickups in your district and win 3 of your choice" and things like that. Nowhere as cool as getting $50 for every Marshall you sell like you would at a mom & pop.

• Members

Hourly+commission+QUOTAS! Also, from what I have been told, no one gets 40 hours a week, everyone is considered part time.

I have also heard of employees being let go, due to low sales.

The being let go due to low sales is true, but not the part time part. I couldn't get a job there because I didn't have enough hours available due to school. They told me they weren't really interested in hiring part time.

• Members
GC doesn't do dealer spiffs, they have monthly in house promotions like "sell the most Duncan pickups in your district and win 3 of your choice" and things like that. Nowhere as cool as getting $50 for every Marshall you sell like you would at a mom & pop.

Wow, that sucks. One year I sold enough Marshall to get a Bluesbreaker combo. :eek:

Archived