Ok Musician's Friend, you need to get it together.

_pete_

• Members

I got a package from MF today.

I ordered a guitar case, two 25' cables, a set of TonePros locking tailpiece studs for my LP, and a Planet waves string cutter/winder.

The string cutter was backordered. Fine, no big deal since it was an afterthought anyway.

The box arrived with no tape sealing it shut. I went to pick it up off the porch and just lifted the lid off it. It traveled on a UPS truck from Kansas City to Ohio and by some miracle, nothing fell out. The box was way bigger than the case and there was nothing in the box (newspaper, peanuts, nothing) in the box to keep the contents from banging around. The cables and the TonePros parts were just loose in a huge box with an ill fitting lid that wasn't taped on. Unreal.

The kicker is that I ordered TonePros nickel locking tailpiece studs. They sent me a gold TonePros tune-o-matic bridge. Sheesh.

I've ordered a lot from MF and it was always well packed and correct. This was the worst packing job I have ever seen. The stuff wasn't really packed at all.

I called them and told them they shipped me the wrong part and told them about the packing (or lack thereof). The dude didn't seem to give a {censored}.

I needed what I ordered. Now I have to ship the bridge back to them (on their dime thankfully) and THEN they will send me what I ordered. I think that is ass backwards service.

I called them at 6PM and they said they would email me a return shipping ticket. I'm still waiting.

I think I'm done with MF now. The M123 acquisition and the new warehouse seem to have ruined their service.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've probably spent around $6K with MF in the last few years and never had a problem.

I know mistakes happen and I can understand that, but you should have seen this "packing" job. Disgraceful.

I wouldn't trust them to ship something expensive now.

They were convenient since I have the MF platinum card but I won't use them again now.

• Members

WOW! This is the second post like this I have seen of people having problems with musicians friend!

Frankly, it has been a long time since I ordered anything from them, but I ALWAYS seemed to get my packages in a very good condition for some reason.

Of course THAT was BEFORE they moved into this new warehouse and accquired music 123......so I do not know if that has anything to do with it or not.

But if they ARE now giving sub standard service and shipping, then they had better be careful....and get their act together...FAST...because the same people who ordered from them and made them what they are today, are the same people who can quit ordering from them and put a world of hurt on them.

• Members

WOW! This is the second post like this I have seen of people having problems with musicians friend!

Frankly, it has been a long time since I ordered anything from them, but I ALWAYS seemed to get my packages in a very good condition for some reason.

Of course THAT was BEFORE they moved into this new warehouse and accquired music 123......so I do not know if that has anything to do with it or not.

But if they ARE now giving sub standard service and shipping, then they had better be careful....and get their act together...FAST...because the same people who ordered from them and made them what they are today, are the same people who can quit ordering from them and put a world of hurt on them.

:thu:

• Members

I have been buying stuff from MF since the mid-late 80's and have always been impressed with their speed and service, heck sometimes you'd order something at 8am and you'd get a shipping notice at 10am! BUT- this week I ordered a few small items Tuesday night, two sdotd guitar stands, one set of fender strings and a guitar strap. All items said in stock. It took them until Friday morning to ship! A little too long, IMO. I didn't care because it was a small supplies order, but it sure will make me think twice before ordering something like the Strat I plan to buy soon. Oh, well- I really should be trying them out at a store first anyways.

• Members

That's exactly what I'm saying.

They've always done well by me but I don't have any faith in them now. If it was a guitar in that box it would not have arrived in one piece if it arrived at all.

I had problems with Music123 and vowed not to buy from them again. MF just got added to that same list.

It's a good thing I have pretty much all I need now.

• Members

I've ordered from MF on Tuesday evening and have my order delivered on Friday morning. But I had to cancel my last few orders. I got that coupon deal from all the stuff I bought from them before July. I used it and it took them six weeks to get my order here.

I used Sweetwater for my last two orders. Try them, you'll never go anywhere else and be as happy.

FP

• Members

Yeah I was plannin on buyin some stuff from MF, but I am reconsidering. I had a good experience last time I ordered from Sweetwater. Free shipping on a guitar pedal, came very quickly, and like mentioned earlier, candy in the box!

• Members

Since MF owns this forum, I'm hoping that they see this thread and make some changes to return their service to the way it used to be.

A few negative comments here are seen by a whole lot of people that like to buy gear and they should take that under consideration.

• Members

I've ordered from MF on Tuesday evening and have my order delivered on Friday morning. But I had to cancel my last few orders. I got that coupon deal from all the stuff I bought from them before July. I used it and it took them six weeks to get my order here.

I used Sweetwater for my last two orders. Try them, you'll never go anywhere else and be as happy.

FP

:thu:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1723638

• Members

I got a package from MF today.

I ordered a guitar case, two 25' cables, a set of TonePros locking tailpiece studs for my LP, and a Planet waves string cutter/winder.

The string cutter was backordered. Fine, no big deal since it was an afterthought anyway.

The box arrived with no tape sealing it shut. I went to pick it up off the porch and just lifted the lid off it. It traveled on a UPS truck from Kansas City to Ohio and by some miracle, nothing fell out. The box was way bigger than the case and there was nothing in the box (newspaper, peanuts, nothing) in the box to keep the contents from banging around. The cables and the TonePros parts were just loose in a huge box with an ill fitting lid that wasn't taped on. Unreal.

The kicker is that I ordered TonePros nickel locking tailpiece studs. They sent me a gold TonePros tune-o-matic bridge. Sheesh.

I've ordered a lot from MF and it was always well packed and correct. This was the worst packing job I have ever seen. The stuff wasn't really packed at all.

I called them and told them they shipped me the wrong part and told them about the packing (or lack thereof). The dude didn't seem to give a {censored}.

I needed what I ordered. Now I have to ship the bridge back to them (on their dime thankfully) and THEN they will send me what I ordered. I think that is ass backwards service.

I called them at 6PM and they said they would email me a return shipping ticket. I'm still waiting.

I think I'm done with MF now. The M123 acquisition and the new warehouse seem to have ruined their service.

I can't imagine that they actually shipped it like that. It's possible that some shipping ape from UPS opened it expecting to snag a free guitar, and finding none...sent it on to you.

MF will make it right. They've made everything right with me over the past month. BUT, you may need to ask them for something. I did, and got a huge discount on a better item than I ordered!

• Members

I can't imagine that they actually shipped it like that. It's possible that some shipping ape from UPS opened it expecting to snag a free guitar, and finding none...sent it on to you.

It was shipped that way. There's no tape residue on the box.

Imagine shipping a pickup inside a shoe box and not putting any packing material inside or taping the lid on. That's what I got, just on a larger scale.

Archived