new jazz clip - video alert

mikeSF

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yet another jaw dropping sound clip, you make it look so easy!
:thu:
Hey Mike what amp are you playing through is that a henricksen??

hey Sadowsky,
i do actually own and absolutely adore my Henriksen JazzAmp12, but that isn't it in this vid. That is an Acoustic Image Clarus 2R and a Redstone RS-12ER cab. This Clarus/Redstone is my at home rig but the Henriksen is my numero uno gigging amp. Comparing the two i'd say the clarus/redstone is very very clean and the henriksen is very very warm. Sometimes i plug into both at the same time for the best of both worlds. I also like to run the Henriksen amp(without the combo speaker) through the Redstone cab - VERY nice warm and clean combination.

• Members

I love your passion in that vid. Swinging so hard ... must've come from those Austin years.

stackabones, are you in Austin? i had a rock band there in the late-80's/early 90's - we played the 6th street club scene. It was a blast.

my jazz guitar playing then was pretty entry-level, to say the least.

• Members

stackabones, are you in Austin? i had a rock band there in the late-80's/early 90's - we played the 6th street club scene. It was a blast.

my jazz guitar playing then was pretty entry-level, to say the least.

Up in Dallas, Deep Ellum--now a little further north in the burbs.

I read about you and Austin in your bio on your website. I've got family down in New Braunsfels and up in Dallas.

I used to trek down to Austin 6th St and do a few gigs here and there. The only name you might recognize from that period is David Garza ... did a tour with him back in the day.

Played SXSW back when it was a little bit local but just about national ... I think the last time I did that was when Beck first played. We thought that SXSW had sold out with him on the bill. Look at it now!

There was some mix in the Austin/Dallas scenes. We may know some of the same people. ;)

BTW, watched the vid again. It's still kickin'. I'm starting to dig the outfit! :p

• Members
Up in Dallas, Deep Ellum--now a little further north in the burbs.

I read about you and Austin in your bio on your website. I've got family down in New Braunsfels and up in Dallas.

I used to trek down to Austin 6th St and do a few gigs here and there. The only name you might recognize from that period is David Garza ... did a tour with him back in the day.

Played SXSW back when it was a little bit local but just about national ... I think the last time I did that was when Beck first played. We thought that SXSW had sold out with him on the bill. Look at it now!

There was some mix in the Austin/Dallas scenes. We may know some of the same people.
;)

BTW, watched the vid again. It's still kickin'. I'm starting to dig the outfit!
:p

cool, i've been to Deep Ellum, hip music scene, at least it was when i was there (early 90's).

Yup, while i was at UT, David Garza and Twang Twang Shock-a-Boom were doin' their weekly jam on campus and drawing a great crowd. Those guys were so much fun to watch.

• Members

so I've recently been thinking of getting a 7-string archtop, do you have any suggestions for me?

sure, depending on the sound you want, i'd say check out Jim Soloway, who makes amazing chambered solids.

for a carved spruce archtop, i really like Eastman's work. they only make a couple of models in 7-string, their 17" and less common a 16". ~$2K

for a laminate top, i really like my Dale Unger American Dream. i've seen 'em used for $2500-3K. I also think Benedetto will be making 7-string Bambinos next year - that'll be great!

and do a search in this forum- lots of past discussion.

Archived