Gibson Custom Shop...they do some nice stuff don't they?

• Members
Man, you have the nicest rig and collection in HCEG, end of story:wave:

no way, no way ... i got some cool pieces (i think), but there're totally dudes around here with way cooler {censored} than mine.

now, when i track down my perfect RI - LOOK OUT!

maybe i'll learn to play decent by then, too. :D

• Members

lol no way man, you already ruined my day with this thread. :)

that vintagevaultguitars.com site has some insane bursts, but if i'm gonna spend 4k plus ... i wanna at least play it first. and i stay so damned busy, i can never get to my homeys at west la music before they close.

hollywood GC has a few sweet ones but god almighty, i can get {censored} from wlam for like half what they want.

damned work.

• Members

haha the 1960A cab or the jubilee cab?

on the 1960A is just a '96 standard honeyburst i rebuilt the electronics in after i got it for a total steal on ebay. nothin too special. also swapped out the speed knobs for top hats, cuz i like them better. on the jubliee is just a 06 standard plus (i think) in transparent black that caught my eye on my birthday last year. only seen that finish on classics, so when i saw a standard, i had to have it. my birthday's comin up again (30th no less) so i suspect the RI will be had around those days if some damned clients will hurry up and pay up.

fwiw, that desertburst (second from left) is gone now. wasn't feelin it anymore. truth be told, i really play the slash and the goldtop way more than the others. that pic IS missin my 69 NOS strat and american deluxe tele though!

• Moderators

haha the 1960A cab or the jubilee cab?

on the 1960A is just a '96 standard honeyburst i rebuilt the electronics in after i got it for a total steal on ebay. nothin too special. also swapped out the speed knobs for top hats, cuz i like them better. on the jubliee is just a 06 standard plus (i think) in transparent black that caught my eye on my birthday last year. only seen that finish on classics, so when i saw a standard, i had to have it. my birthday's comin up again (30th no less) so i suspect the RI will be had around those days if some damned clients will hurry up and pay up.

fwiw, that desertburst (second from left) is gone now. wasn't feelin it anymore. truth be told, i really play the slash and the goldtop way more than the others. that pic IS missin my 69 NOS strat and american deluxe tele though!

That Standard is beautiful, please let me know if you ever part with it:thu:

• Members

she's a good girl, kinda my beater in a way. i got it for so cheap. had half a {censored}ty EMG setup in it ... i guess the seller couldn't figure out how to do it himself and gave up after it made no sound whatsoever, as it did when i got it. who knows?

but since i wanted something of a project in those days, i snagged it since i liked the finish so much, tore EVERYTHING out, got a new electronics setup from mojo and rewired the whole damn thing and dropped some SD alnico II pros in it after throwing them godawful EMGs far out into the desert. definitely a learning experience, and she turned out great.

soooo ... dunno if i'll part with her, but i'll keep you in mind if i do! :)

• Members

Nice. I much prefer a solid finish, but that amber is a nice colour and the woodgrain isn't intrusive (I've developed an irrational hatred of figured maple for whatever reason). I don't get why the 58 is so much cheaper than the 59... I guess the 59 brand has developed a whole brand image thing that some folks are simply prepared to pay way more for. A bit like how most signature models are priced over and above what the basic changes to the models they're based on should cost - all about the branding.

I really[/]i like that black Custom with the p90s and the Bigsby - yummy. I'll never be able to justify the cost of a Gibson, but if I was gonig to spend the money, that's very close to what I'd be aiming for.

Archived