Bill Lawrence pickups

collisster

• Members

I'm considering replacing the EMG hz in my esp with Bill Lawrence 500 Xls, Anyone got any information on this pickup, or has anyone got one? what are my other options too. I dont want an active pickup as I dont want to screw around with batteries,

Cheers

• Members

I have the L-500XL/L-500R combo in 3 different guitars, a Gibson Explorer, an Ibanez Flying V, and a Kramer Vanguard. Those pickups RULE!

Bill's also got a device for sale on his site called the Q-Filter. It wires into your tone pot, and reduces the unductance as the control is turned down. It takes the output down from full on humbucker to piezo levels...I really like it, and it's only $20.

It fits in the control cavity, and I have mine in my Explorer. Here's the link to Billl's site, for pickups as well as the Q-Filter.

http://www.billlawrence.com/Pages/Pickup_Window/Introduction.htm

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260167711167&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:UK:11

I found this combo pack, hopefully they ship to the UK because they are damn cheap

are those the correct ones, as I've heard something to do with me wanting original bill lawrence ones or something but I dunno which ones are the ones I need??

• Members

One of my guitars has L-500R/L-500XL pickups, the other has L-280/L-280/L-290 pickups.

What can I say? It was a long wait to get my pickups, but they are wax potted and have a crystal-clear, articulate response. They are just SHOCKINGLY beautiful pickups. You have to change the way you EQ your amp, and it may take a little while to get the pickup height set exactly the way you want it, but let's put it this way:

I will *NEVER* buy replacement pickups from anyone other than Bill & Becky so long as Bill is still alive. Best pickups I've ever heard.

That's just my opinion. I can't recommend them highly enough.

• Members

One of my guitars has L-500R/L-500XL pickups, the other has L-280/L-280/L-290 pickups.

What can I say? It was a long wait to get my pickups, but they are wax potted and have a crystal-clear, articulate response. They are just SHOCKINGLY beautiful pickups. You have to change the way you EQ your amp, and it may take a little while to get the pickup height set exactly the way you want it, but let's put it this way:

I will *NEVER* buy replacement pickups from anyone other than Bill & Becky so long as Bill is still alive. Best pickups I've ever heard.

That's just my opinion. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Me, too! I have 3 different guitars with the L-500XL/L-500R combo, and another with an L-450L...all tremendous pickups!

• Members

I know email is a preferred way of communicating in this day and age, but Becky isn't the best at reponding promptly, as she's pretty busy helping Bill in the shop. You're much more likely to get a response if you contact them by phone. I even went to their site and found the number for you. 877-647-2651

Also, if you already know what you want, you can Paypal them the amount, and in the comments field tell them what you're ordering. They'll ship internationally, so no problem there. It's more expensive, obviously, but even with that added expense you're coming out cheaper than most Duncan and Dimarzio pickups, etc.

• Members

I sent Becky an email a few months ago and she answered within an hours time. I guess I just got realy lucky.

I am a big fan of Bill Lawrence pickups too, work great and sound great though I haven't messed with anything besides single coil stuff from him.

Archived