Post Your Home Studios

barneyc4

• Members
Originally posted by skipstar59

I know, I got 2 more since that pic and it's still not enough.

NewBlondeBFBassman.jpg
PrincetonAmp9.jpg

Man while watching your Fender custom build amps, I get this cramps in my gut.

STOP doing this :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm looking at this:
DSCN7688B.jpg
5E3 Tweed Deluxe clone. ( sweet little thing )

Oh sorry, back to the home studios !!

:thu:

• Members
Computer.jpg
Computer is a 2.6 GH P4 Compaq Presario. Interface is a Presonus Firepod. Monitors are Event TR8s.

This pic is taken from standing in front of the computer. This was right after I finished the woodwork, so it's a mess, and there's not much gear in it.
FromComputer.jpg

This is just a couple of my guitars and my bass.
Guitars.jpg

This is an older picture of most of the amps I had at the time. Now, I've since sold the Univalve. Still have everything else in the picture.
Most-Amps.jpg

And an older pic of several of my guitars. I traded that bass for the one in the pic above. Still have everything else, plus a few.
Most-Guitars.jpg

• Members

Apple MacBook Pro 15"
product-15in.jpg
MOTU Traveler
motu_traveler_iso-65a0ea4c340c037d23af88
SM57's
1756_gd.jpg

I really need to move to a house with a spare bedroom. My family (me, wife, and son) live in a very small 2 bedroom house with no extra rooms. I have all my gear in the closets and the living room and it really sucks to not have a space for music. I cry when I remember my sound-proofed basement from our old house.

• Members

This room is set up more for mixing than anything else, though it is sufficient for some miced recording as well.

cbe701e9.jpg
30248322.jpg
c6b90acb.jpg
36e43cb1.jpg
d0d6201e.jpg
E-set.jpg

Guitar and bass are recorded via PODxt and Bass POD into two Tascam 788's linked together with MIDI Time Code for sixteen track capability. Drums are recorded on my home made electronic drum set through a Roland TD-6 module. Acoustic guitar and vocals are miked with a Carvin CM90E through an Audiobuddy.

For mixing I run into a Carvin DCM150 stereo power amp into Event 20/20 passive monitors. I also use a cheap Phonic spectrum analyzer every now and then.

I made the acoustic treatment myself, out of 8 pound per cubic foot density mineral wool, pine 1x6's, and acoustically transparent fabric. The panels are placed specifically throughout the room, for bass trapping, first reflection absorption, and flutter echo control.

I don't want to downgrade anyone's setup, but simply put acoustic treatment is THE difference between a real "studio" and just a "room with gear". Even if you have good mics, pres, instruments and even good monitor speakers, none of it will give you accurate results if the room you're in is warping the sound. There's simply no way around it, and trust me, I tried. I didn't want to get into it, didn't have the money, time or inclination. But once I started learning I found it to be a fascinating field, and it's not really difficult or expensive to treat a room properly.
:thu:

• 11 months later...
  • Members

guitar > POD X3 or V-Amp2 > Soundblaster Audigy soundcard line-in > this computer I'm on right now

I use Audacity for recording and mixing, and Acoustica Beatcraft for programming drums.

here are my tunes:

http://www.myspace.com/dominionthroughmanipulation

http://www.myspace.com/qlippothic666

http://www.myspace.com/willtopowerband

• Members

Not really a studio.. more of a guitar room/office with recording capabilities.

I usually just use GarageBand to record as my good amps are always at my practice spot, but I do have an M-Audio interface, Audacity and a SM-57 for when I do want to record an amp.

DCP_0897.jpg

Archived