I'll have a double of Rouge barkeep!

nevermind

• Members

How do they play and sound? I have one of the sunburst models coming to me tomorrow. It was a blem for $130 plus I got 10% off that.

When you get it the first thing you'll want to do is clip off the strings and give the board some oil. I have never seen strings as rusty as was on the white one, or a board as dry. After restringing them I found them very close to being perfectly setup. The playability is great. Very level fretwork, which is also nicely crowned and decently polished. I did notice the HH (white mahogany) has a much wider nut than the HH ash. The ash is 1 5/8" whereas the white one is just over 1 11/16".

The pickups are bright and clear, but don't seem as hot as normally found with bright HBs. They sound more like a p90 than a typical humbucker. The 2nd position is a split of the bridge HB and is very strat'ish. Same with position 4 and the neck pickup.

I am sorta wishing I'd taken the time to order a setneck version to keep for myself. I've got $45 worth of coupons to use, so I might just do it.

• Members

Diggin' the tuners on the natural one.

But I gotta ask, why get your buddy two guitars instead of one for the same price as both combined?

I guess a couple of reasons. First, I wasn't solely responsible for the gift; myself and a mutual friend decided to do this about a month ago. Our original intention was to buy just one, but in the meantime MF reduced the prices on the Rogue models by half or more. So we discussed it, and just decided to get 2 rather than deciding on another option in the original ballpark. To that end, one being ash and the other mahogany makes them very different while looking and feeling similar.

Secondly, a circumstance of his own making resulted in his girl selling off or throwing out all his belongings while he was gone. Seems he and a femme in the same unit struck up a romance, and being a little unwise decided to tell his girl back home about it. So in his absence she "deburdened" herself of all his belongings. Along with the guitars we put together some of our odds and ends to make sure he has enough to get by with. He has always kept 3-4 guitars around, so I think the small diversity of two different guitars will be welcome.

• Members
I guess a couple of reasons. First, I wasn't solely responsible for the gift; myself and a mutual friend decided to do this about a month ago. Our original intention was to buy just one, but in the meantime MF reduced the prices on the Rogue models by half or more. So we discussed it, and just decided to get 2 rather than deciding on another option in the original ballpark. To that end, one being ash and the other mahogany makes them very different while looking and feeling similar.

Secondly, a circumstance of his own making resulted in his girl selling off or throwing out all his belongings while he was gone. Seems he and a femme in the same unit struck up a romance, and being a little unwise decided to tell his girl back home about it. So in his absence she "deburdened" herself of all his belongings. Along with the guitars we put together some of our odds and ends to make sure he has enough to get by with. He has always kept 3-4 guitars around, so I think the small diversity of two different guitars will be welcome.

Oh man, that story sucks. You're a good friend!

Archived