...how many PODCASTS do you listen to?

deanmass

• Members

I am finding that I am listening to more and more podcasts. I have always loved talk radio, and as mix to my playlists, I have a podcast playlist running 50% of the time now. Some are music ( All Songs Considered-NPR), some techie ( Security Now and TWiT) and Science Friday.

Honestly, I find it a total blast. My summed it up best....he said 'oh, so it is like a Tivo for Radio shows....

Oddly, he owns neither Tivo OR an iPod, but he got it, because he says he listens to talk radio all the time, but misses chunks of it due to varying drive times.

• Members

There are alot of anything for potential buyers. My point was, is any one GETTING IT. i.e., these seem really cool, and bridge the gap between radio and recorded material. They give you the option to easily listen to a show you might normally miss when it is broadcast.

• Members

The only one I'm currently listening to religiiously is "Austin Riffs." Others I like are "Coverville," "Bad Dog Blues" and NPRs "Science Friday," since I'm usually too busy to listen on Friday afternoons.

I like the whole concept a lot, just haven't spent enough time finding what's really out there to listen to. I contributed an article on podcasts to my local blues organization's newsletter (natchelblues.org) to point the membership to some good blues shows, but since then I've been too distracted to do more exploring.

My local NPR radio station just revamped their programming lineup, and a show or two that I liked got dropped. Guess I should see if they're available in podcast editions.

• Members

I don't use a podcatcher but I listen to a bunch of 'casts on an adhoc basis. Probably the one I listen to mostly is from Radio Orphans, the Minneapolis band/collective. And I avail myself of podcasts from NPR and other public broadcasting orgs frequently. (A great, but not necessarily podcast oriented tool is the site: www.publicradiofan.com ... it lets you find streams of favorite public radio shows. I've also listened to Prairie Home Companions podcasts, since their streams are only available on weekends.)

• Members

Originally posted by Rabid

Zreo

Put me down for zreo too.

I listen to talk radio all the time on XM. NPR and CSPAN mostly. If I want to hear an archived program, I usually just stream it on my computer. That's pretty much the same as a Podcast, but without the 'Pod'.

• Members

I listen to roadhousepodcast.com, which is an hour of blues each week. Never cared much for talk radio, except a few things (car talk, Wait wait don't tell me).

I can't stand listening to political talkshows of any kind - - no rational thought is evident in any of it.

• Members

The political stuff..I largely ignore, however, Bill Maher I find worth a listen....

Mostly, I lean towards science, new music, and theology stuff. I just find it amazing to have all this recorded 'teaching' free and available...

Archived