Carvin must be on a sugar kick

KovachianOne

• Members

First they release the CT, then the sc version and now a semi-hollow. I thought they'd never kick their asses into high gear but better late than never! I suspect this model will do very well. Btw, I don't own a Carvin any longer so save your infantile "fanboy" {censored} for someone else.

:freak::thu:

sh550oh4.jpg

• Members

Can't wait for the new catalog. You just know this is going to extend to the rest of the like. Frankly, the DC line hasn't had changes in ages and despite the fancyness of the Holdsworth endorsement some of those instruments could bear a refresh. Even the California Carved top could benefit from those pickups etc.

• Members

That larger 3 + 3 headstock is one they have had for ages. It does look better on this guitar IMO. I like the whole guitar as a matter of fact.

When I bought a Carvin in 1982 they had the SH225. I always figured I would get one when I "grew up" :freak.

82_sh225-small.jpg

Interesting that they doubled the number (SH550), but tripled the price. :p Even still, I am willing to bet it holds up to Gibbies costing twice as much yet loses resale value at a higher rate.

• Members

$1600 base price. Carvin's not the budget builder they used to be.

yeah, alot of their models offer lower prices, I was suprised at the price of this one. If it had a lower base price I would be very interested in getting one. Infact if they offered a bigsby bridge I would definitly get one...

• Members

I never dug the huge New Yorker style headstocks on typical 'jazz' guitars, they always looked disproportionately large to me. I like the headstocks on those Carvins.

It'd be awesome but the headstock just looks too small compared to the rest of the guitar. Same with the Singlecut.

Archived