best locking tuners?

2_Fast_2_Vader

• Members

I picked up an Xmas present for myself, an Ibanez RGA121 Prestige. :thu:

I'm going to use this as my main guitar. so I need to upgrade to locking tuners, because I hate constantly fine tuning the strings.

so I need something that can fit a low E string gauge of 52. and it's 6 in-line.

I plan to go the easy route, and just have a pro do them for me.

so what are the best locking tuners on the market that can fit that string gauge? and I'm not worried about getting the products that clip the string for you. it's not that big of a deal to me.

• Members

Locking Tuners are only useful to those who do not know how to properly string a guitar. :poke:

Not true - I have recently installed a set of Grover 18:1 locking tuners on my Sheraton and they are fantastic. Keeps everything in tune without any margin for error. They are easy to use, and just great quality tuners all-round. I recommend them for anyone who has the spare cash when looking for replacement tuners.

And I do know how to re-string a guitar.

Some may call me lazy, I like to think of myself as efficient :p

• Members
Not true - I have recently installed a set of Grover 18:1 locking tuners on my Sheraton and they are fantastic. Keeps everything in tune without any margin for error. They are easy to use, and just great quality tuners all-round. I recommend them for anyone who has the spare cash when looking for replacement tuners.

And I do know how to re-string a guitar.

Some may call me lazy, I like to think of myself as efficient
:p

A well strung up and set up guitar should be extremely stable which means the only benefit would be in restringing times.

• Members

Locking Tuners are only useful to those who do not know how to properly string a guitar. :poke:

I disagree. Especially for an axe with a whammy bar. Eliminating excess wraps around the post means coming back in tune after a deep drop.

I have Sperzels on my Carvin TL60, and that guitar stays in tune better. And I do know how to put strings on.

Archived