New Amp Day (TT Content)

asdfjkl semi

• Members

Went into AL&M in Norfolk on New Year's Eve and picked up an Orange Tiny Terror and 1x12 closed back cab. This thing is really amazing for its size and wattage. Nice clean tones with the volume knob on my guitar turned down, and a great crunch with it wide open. So far it's really exceeded my expectations!

The amp and my cheap pedal setup:

amp.jpg

• Members

HAHA! yes! AL&M! did they give you a decent price? I don't really deal with them because they almost seem to be geared to pro audio. Ya know alpha music carries orange. my buddy went in there and tryed the rocker 30, it sounded pretty good to me, but the price killed it for me....

• Members

HAHA! yes! AL&M! did they give you a decent price? I don't really deal with them because they almost seem to be geared to pro audio. Ya know alpha music carries orange. my buddy went in there and tryed the rocker 30, it sounded pretty good to me, but the price killed it for me....

Yeah, I got the amp & cab for $800, which I thought was pretty decent. Alpha had the Tiny Terror alone for $600 and no orange cabs in stock, if I remember correctly. I think AL&M is on par with Alpha in terms of the gear they sell. Both are great shops with pretty helpful and knowledgeable salespeople.

• Members

Yeah, I got the amp & cab for $800, which I thought was pretty decent. Alpha had the Tiny Terror alone for $600 and no orange cabs in stock, if I remember correctly. I think AL&M is on par with Alpha in terms of the gear they sell. Both are great shops with pretty helpful and knowledgeable salespeople.

Was that a 212? if it is you got a fantasic deal! I'm looking at the Krank Rev. JR. if that doesn't work out, the Tiny Terror was going to be my back up...

• Members

I normally dont like strats at all but that one is pretty tits :love:

say is that TT korean or chinese? mine has a standby switch and yours is the first I've seen that doesnt

edit: oh I see the standby is in the watt switch! mine is in the power switch...interesting

• Members

I normally dont like strats at all but that one is pretty tits
:love:
say is that TT korean or chinese? mine has a standby switch and yours is the first I've seen that doesnt

edit: oh I see the standby is in the watt switch! mine is in the power switch...interesting

Second switch from the left, middle position.

STBY.

Edit: EDITS! :fists:

• Members
I normally dont like strats at all but that one is pretty tits
:love:

Why the move from the off/on to the wattage selector switch I wonder?

To the OP,

So do you know if its a Korean or Chinese version? T

he location of the standby might be a way for us to tell if that's how the Chinese versions are coming

• Members

I think Orange has put off production in China for the time being. My TT has the wattage/standby switch but has a "Made In Korea" sticker. Humbucker Music is also advertising MIK TT with the new wattage/standby layout. Great amps! Happy new amp day. And yeah, that Strat is very nice looking!

• Members

I think Orange has put off production in China for the time being. My TT has the wattage/standby switch but has a "Made In Korea" sticker. Humbucker Music is also advertising MIK TT with the new wattage/standby layout. Great amps! Happy new amp day. And yeah, that Strat is very nice looking!

Ah ok. So do the Korean versions still have JJs tubes in them? I know the Chinese versions had generic unbranded tubes.

Also, anyone know why they moved the standby?

• Members

Thanks for the comments about my strat, guys. It was my project over the summer. Overall I am pretty pleased with the results, but I'm a little disappointed with the effect of putting Fender noiseless pups in it. Doesn't really sound like a strat anymore. Still, I may not go back to the old single coils, so I'm thinking about converting it to an HSS or HSH, with a Dimarzio PAF pro and who knows what else. If I don't do that, I'll at least put a JB Jr. in the bridge.

My Tiny Terror is MIK as well, but I didn't open it to find the make of the tubes. No idea why they moved that switch, but it works fine for me.

Archived